The internship is for those interested in working on an advanced IT project for two full months during the summer.
Worth of Award
- An allowance of 90 CHF per day during your contractual dates
- Travel allowance (on a lump sum basis)
- Assistance to find accommodation on the CERN site or nearby
- Health insurance scheme during the duration of your contract
- 9 weeks of stay – 40h/week
Possible dates of stay are:
- 18 June to 17 August 2018
- 25 June to 24 August 2018
- 02 July to 31 August 2018
- You must be a Bachelor or Master student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics (with a strong computing profile)
- You have completed, by summer 2018, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate during summer 2018, you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User…) for more than 3 months and you have not been a CERN summer student in the past.
- A good knowledge of English is mandatory; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
How to Apply
- Please apply online before the deadline.
- Once your application has been submitted you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- The following documents MUST reach them before the deadline in order for your application to be considered.
- Proof of enrolment at a university for the current year
- Report on Candidate: Once your application has been submitted you will receive a confirmation e-mail which contains a link to this report which has to be forwarded to at least one referee (preferably a professor). In order to be considered, at least one new report must reach us before the deadline.The report on candidate needs to be less than 6 months old at the deadline.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The students are welcome to upload other relevant documents (s) (e.g. academic records).
Deadline: application closes February 19, 2018
The results of the selection procedure will be made available to the students by mid-April 2018.
Click here for more details and to apply