The Braun School of Public Health and Community Medicine at Hebrew University-Hadassah Isreal invites application for a limited number of Master of Public Health Scholarship for selected students from lower-income and small-island-countries. Outstanding applicants may also be eligible for additional travel awards.
Scholarship support is not available for students from high-income countries. The cost of participation in the IMPH program for non-scholarship students is 100,000 New Israeli Shekels (NIS). All payments must be made in Israeli currency or foreign currency based on the official exchange rate on the day of payment. This sum covers tuition, medical insurance, social/cultural activities, administrative fees and textbooks. Rent and living expenses are not included.
The overall objective of our Program is to provide knowledge of the theory and practice of public health and community medicine for those either currently engaged in this field or planning to do so in the future.
They will work toward helping you develop knowledge and skills in the following areas: Epidemiology, research methods, and biostatistics Health administration, health economics and health systems Public health practice, planning, administration and evaluation Planning and conducting research projects Diagnosis of the state of health of communities Design and implementation of community-based health programs Control of communicable diseases Environmental, industrial and occupational health Sociological and behavioral determinants of health Nutrition in public health, food security, and combating malnutrition
Worth of Award
- These scholarships cover virtually all costs related to participation in the Program including tuition, housing, basic living expenses, medical insurance, social/cultural activities, administration fees, and textbooks.
- Outstanding applicants may also be eligible for additional travel awards.
- Selected students from lower-income and small-island-countries.
Requirements for Admission
- To be eligible for the IMPH Program you must hold an academic degree (BA/BSc, MA/MSc, MD) in medicine, dentistry, nursing, another allied health field, or in one of the basic biological or social sciences relevant to health from a recognized university.
- Diploma/Advanced Diploma degrees are not recognized as academic degrees by Hebrew University.
- Applicants who hold only a bachelor’s degree must have obtained an overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 75% in their undergraduate studies.
Practical experience in public health is taken into account as well as academic achievement.
- Students must have a command of basic computing skills.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online and include the following documents listed below. All documents should be labeled in the file name. Do not upload zip files.
1. Completed application form.
2. Copy of an academic degree certificate and valid transcripts (for all degrees), including transcripts for all transfer credits. If transcripts are not in English, submit official translations and original.
3. Applicants from countries where English is not the language of instruction must present results of an English language proficiency exam from a recognized language-instruction institute. Applicants who have previously studied at an institution where English is the language of instruction do not need to submit proof of English proficiency.
4. Medical report attesting to the applicant’s good health signed by a physician. Please note, medical insurance does not cover dental care and expenses arising from pre-existing conditions and other health conditions/procedures.
5. Curriculum Vitae (CV).
6. “Personal statement” or autobiography describing the reasons for wanting to pursue a master’s degree in public health.
7. Letters of recommendation from 3 senior academicians or professionals who can attest to the applicant’s qualifications and ability to successfully complete the Program. Letters must be written on letterhead, signed, and uploaded by the person writing the letter. Letters uploaded by the applicant will be removed.
8. Photocopy of a valid passport (must be valid for at least 6 months from end of program).
Israeli citizens only please upload a copy of Israeli ID and Israeli passport and foreign passport if relevant.
9. Optional: A letter from an employer or future employer attesting to the intent to re-employ the applicant upon completion of the MPH degree.
Deadline: Applications close by March 29, 2018
E-mail: [email protected]