The University of Leicester in UK is inviting international students from eligible countries in Asia and Africa to apply for its Postgraduate Scholarship for Africans in UK for 2018/2019 academic session. These scholarships are available within one of the departments in College of Science and Engineering, starting at Leicester in September 2018.
University of Leicester’s aim is to be a world-class research-intensive university and deliver teaching and facilitate learning of the highest quality.
The University was founded as Leicestershire and Rutland University College in 1921. The site for the university was donated by a local textile manufacturer, Thomas Fielding Johnson, in order to create a living memorial for those who lost their lives in First World War.
In order to study at the University of Leicester, your written and spoken English must be good enough that you will fully understand, and benefit from, your degree course
Worth of Award
- A successful applicant will receive tuition fee discount of 22% – or 28%.
- Students from Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Africa (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be classified as an international (non-EU) student for fee purposes.
- The fee discount will be calculated on the basis of the standard tuition fee, excluding components for ‘with industry’ degrees.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will therefore receive only the higher value award.
- The scholarship is only available for campus-based courses.
- In order to study at the University of Leicester, your written and spoken English must be good enough that you will fully understand, and benefit from, your degree course. You can demonstrate your English language ability in any one of these ways:
- Education in English: You attended secondary (high) school or university in a country approved by the University as teaching in the medium of English.
- IELTS: The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test for higher education. Every degree page on our website specifies a minimum IELTS score.
- Selected Indian degrees: An undergraduate degree from one of the universities listed on the India page.
- Other tests and qualifications: Use this table to see whether the score or mark you achieved matches the IELTS score for your chosen degree course. Please note that to be valid, any test must have been taken within the past two years.
How to Apply
- There is no need to apply for this scholarship.
- Eligible students will be automatically considered.
- If successful, you will be notified when final results are available.
Deadline: Deadline To Be Announced
Click here for more details and to apply