Republic of Austria’s Scholarship Foundation is offering scholarships for undergraduates, graduates and postgraduates in the field of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts for the 2018/2019 academic year.
The OeAD is the Austrian agency for international mobility and cooperation in education, science and research.
The following programmes are now open for applications by students, graduates, postgraduates and postdocs:
- Franz Werfel Fellowship
- Richard Plaschka Fellowship Pre-Doc
- Richard Plaschka Fellowship PostDoc
- Ernst Mach Grant – Worldwide
- Ernst Mach Grant for studying at an Austrian university of applied sciences
- Ernst Mach-Stipendium – Eurasia-Pacific Uninet
- Ernst Mach Grant – Asea-Uninet
- Ernst Mach Follow-up Grant (non-European developing countries)
Scholarships of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria:
- Undergraduates, Graduates und Postgraduates
- Master Studies in the Field of International Relations
Worth of Award
- Monthly scholarship installment: 1.050 EUR
- Health insurance: OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health). The costs for the insurance have to be covered by the scholarship.
- Accommodation: It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing Office.The monthly costs are 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD Housing Office for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered by the scholarship.
- Travel Costs: Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin.
- International students (except Austria) are eligible to apply.
- No scholarships are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships.
Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- Age limit:
Doctoral students: 40 years (born on or after March 1, 1978)
for other students: 35 years (born on or after March 1, 1983)
How to Apply
The mode of applying is online.
The following documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application:
- Fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV and a project plan, describing the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria
- Two letters of recommendation from university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation, no specific form is required; they have to contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university/department and must be no older than six months at the time of application. The letters of recommendation and the confirmation of supervision cannot be issued by the same person.
- Confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian university, university of applied sciences or research institution
- Scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- University graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria resp. proof of enrollment at a study programme at a university outside Austria
- Confirmation, that proves your participation in a study programme (Bachelor, Master/Diploma or PhD) at your home university
- For descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs
Deadline: Application closes by March 1, 2018
Click here for more details and to apply