The UCL School of Management invites applications fully-funded Scholarships for September 2020 intake, for four/five year MRes/PhD scholarship to all admitted students. The UCL School of Management is the business school of University College London and is located in Canary Wharf and Bloomsbury, London.
PhD students pursue their studies in one of the Operations & Technology, Strategy & Entrepreneurship, Marketing & Analytics, Organisations & Innovation, and Finance, Accounting & Economics groups. All five groups offer a unique education and research experience to a small number of highly motivated students, with the intent of preparing them for scholarly careers at the highest level.
Worth of Award
- They offer fully-funded four/five year MRes/PhD scholarships in the UCL School of Management to all admitted students.
- The scholarship is open to all nationalities. It covers all tuition fees and includes an annual stipend of £21,700 which is tax-free.
- They seek to recruit highly motivated, ambitious students with strong educational backgrounds. The ideal candidate will have a first class Bachelor’s degree from the UK or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard from a leading university.
- They encourage students from a wide variety of backgrounds (e.g, engineering, economics, business, mathematics/statistics, psychology, sociology, and anthropology, among others) to apply to their programme. Also, notice that a Master’s or graduate level degree is not required for admission, you can apply with only an undergraduate (e.g. bachelors) degree.
- In your personal statement you are expected to suggest one or more faculty members as potential supervisors. On the application form, you may see that it states that it is preferred that you contact potential supervisors beforehand – you do not need to do so. In fact, applicants are discouraged from randomly contacting individual faculty members or potential supervisors when applying to our programme. All applications are first evaluated by a joint admissions committee, so contacting potential supervisors separately will not increase your chances.
- All MRes/PhD applicants are normally expected to take either a GMAT test or GRE test (UCL’s institution code is 3344, but also make sure you include a scanned copy of your test result on your online application), although the School has no minimum score requirements.
- We also require you to submit IELTS or TOEFL scores if English is not your first language. Our School requires a “Standard” English level which corresponds to:
- IELTS: Overall grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the sub-tests.
- TOEFL: Score of 92, plus 24/30 in the reading and writing subtests and 20/30 in the listening and speaking subtests.
How to Apply
Apply via UCL Postgraduate Admissions System online. When starting the application, you must select the MRes option. In addition to filling out the online application form, please upload a copy of the following documents:
- Official Transcripts of Grades / Course marks
- A 2-3 page personal statement or research proposal* that clearly indicates: (i) which research group you are interested in (i.e., Organisations & Innovation, Strategy & Entrepreneurship, Marketing & Analytics, Operations & Technology, or Finance, Accounting & Economics), (ii) your research interests and preliminary research ideas, (iii) potential faculty member(s) you may want to work with (this is a suggested list, you don’t need to contact potential supervisors beforehand), and (iv) your motivation to do a PhD.
- Your GRE/GMAT score report**
- Your IELTS/TOEFL score report if English is not your first language.
- * While submission of a full research proposal is not required, you can send them one if you have already written it up.
- ** You can submit your application even if you don’t have a GRE/GMAT score —simply indicate when you plan to take the test.
Deadline: Students’ are encouraged to apply by February 2020, though applications may continue to be accepted after this date.