The Global Editors Network (GEN) is inviting applications for the Data Journalism Awards 2018 delivering a $1,801 (US) cash prize and a trophy to each winner of the twelve categories below.
The Global Editors Network and its jury members wish you the best of luck for this year’s competition and look forward to discovering your projects.
This award will bring light on the outstanding work of a new talent in data journalism, for projects done while they are still studying or early in their professional careers.
The Data Journalism Awards (DJA) competition is the first international contest recognizing outstanding work in the field of data journalism worldwide. The DJA are open to staffers from media companies and non-profit organisations, as well as freelancers or individuals.
- Best data journalism team
- Best individual portfolio
- The Chartbeat award for the best use of data in a breaking news story, within first 36 hours
- Data journalism website of the year
- Data visualisation of the year
- Innovation in data journalism
- Investigation of the year
- News data app of the year
- Open data award
- Public choice
- Student and young data journalist of the year
Worth of Award
- Prize: $1801 + a trophy
- The DJA are open to staffers from media companies
- and non-profit organisations
- as well as freelancers or individuals
Tell us more about your project: What is it and what topic does it address? What goals does it achieve? For which audience? If applicable, give us an overview of the monetization plan of your project.
Maximum 3000 characters, in English only
- All you need to do is fill in the application form online for a chance to win!
Any questions regarding the competition? contact [email protected]
Deadline: Applications close on 26th March 2018 23:59 GMT
Click here for more details and to apply