The German Industry for Future Leaders from Africa invites applications for the AFRIKA KOMMT Training Programme for Sub-Saharan Young African Leaders.
AFRIKA KOMMT! is a fellowship programme that connects visionary African professionals and leading German companies. Together they pave the way for global inclusive business and mutually beneficial cooperation.
The programme provides an unparalleled opportunity for young, talented African professionals for a one-year career and life transformational experience. Through a one-year fellowship, AFRIKA KOMMT! equips young professionals with the skills, exposure and inspiration they need to become the next generation of African leaders. The programme is structured in three different phases.
In 2008, Germany’s leading businesses joined forces for their vision of sustainable economic cooperation with African countries and founded AFRIKA KOMMT!. The programme creates a win-win situation for young professionals from African countries and leading German companies.
Worth of Award
The AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship for African Students in GermanyFellowship program includes:
- Language course
An individual German language course before departure to Germany
An intensive German language course in Germany including fees, accommodation and living allowance
- 3 Management Trainings (Focus: Intercultural Competencies, Leadership, Project and Change Management, Conflict Management)
- 8-month fellowship in the partner company
- One-week study tour
- Weekend Seminars
- Networking events
- Farewell ceremony with the Federal Foreign Office
- Travelling Expenses fully paid
- Monthly living allowance/salary
- The monthly allowance – and the salary ensures an adequate standard of living in Germany. However, the amount is not sufficient to provide financial support for families or relatives and for this reason they cannot accompany the fellow to Germany. Additionally, the participants have to make arrangements to ensure the subsistence of their families in their home countries during their participation in the programme.
Accommodation during all stages of the programme in Germany (including internet allowance, electricity, water and other charges)
Health, accident and liability insurance
International management training courses
Study tour and weekend seminars in Germany
- Alumni activities
Refresher course in Germany or Africa, including management training
Alumni networking activities
Fellowship for African Students in Germany requires:
- Students from Sub-Saharan African Countries (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a
- University degree in a relevant subject (please see individual company profiles below)
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
- Two to five years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit
- Female candidates are welcome
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply
- The mode of applying is online.
- Step 1: Check the general candidate requirements – do you fit the criteria?
- Step 2: Check the available placements and required profiles of the seventh intake of AFRIKA KOMMT!Þ 2020-2022 – Please remember you are applying for the programme in general, not for a specific placement.
- Step 3: Visit www.afrika-kommt.de and fill in the application form in English.
Deadline: Application close by March 26, 2023.