AFRIKA KOMMT Training Program is now open for Sub-Saharan African Students to apply to study in Germany in 2018. Female candidates are welcome to apply. Fellowship for African Students in Germany
The AFRIKA KOMMT is financed by the German partner companies and this program aims at highly qualified, self-driven young professionals and junior executives from Sub-Saharan Africa with several years of hands-on work experience, strong leadership qualities and a very high level of commitment and dedication. Fellowship for African Students in Germany
AFRIKA KOMMT! is a practice-oriented fellowship programme. Fellows will receive two certificates. One official certificate upon successful completion of the programme with a detailed description of the specific contents and components of the training and one official certificate by the partner company upon successful completion of the internship In addition, fellows will receive a certificate by the Academy for International Cooperation of GIZ GmbH by successful completion of the professional training in the tool “International Competence Development Journal”.Fellowship for African Students in Germany
Worth of Award
The AFRIKA KOMMT! Fellowship for African Students in GermanyFellowship program includes:
- Language course
An individual German language course before departure to Germany
An intensive German language course in Germany including fees, accommodation and living allowance
- Travelling expenses – Flights, Visa, etc.
- Visa for Germany for one year
- Roundtrip airfare from your hometown to Germany and back
- Travel to refresher course and back
- Programme-related traveling expenses in Germany
- Monthly living allowance during the theoretical phase
- Monthly living allowance of € 750,- (August, September and October 2018; July 2019
- One-off relocation fee of € 1.000,- for settling back into the home countries
- Monthly salary during the internship in the companies of approx. € 1.500,- gross
- The monthly allowance of € 750,- and the salary ensures an adequate standard of living in Germany. However, the amount is not sufficient to provide financial support for families or relatives and for this reason they cannot accompany the fellow to Germany. Additionally, the participants have to make arrangements to ensure the subsistence of their families in their home countries during their participation in the programme.
Accommodation during all stages of the programme in Germany (including internet allowance, electricity, water and other charges)
Health, accident and liability insurance
International management training courses
Study tour and weekend seminars in Germany
- Alumni activities
Refresher course in Germany or Africa, including management training
Alumni networking activities
Fellowship for African Students in Germany requires:
- Students from Sub-Saharan African Countries (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a
- University degree in a relevant subject (please see individual company profiles below)
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
- Two to five years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit
- Female candidates are welcome
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply
- The mode of applying is online.
- Step 1: Check the general candidate requirements – do you fit the criteria?
- Step 2: Check the available placements and required profiles of the seventh intake of AFRIKA KOMMT!Þ 2018-2020 – Please remember you are applying for the programme in general, not for a specific placement.
- Step 3: Visit www.afrika-kommt.de and fill in the application form in English.
Deadline: Application close by January 19, 2018