Global Health Corps fellowships are open for applications from young professionals to work on the frontlines of the fight for global health at existing health organizations and government agencies. Global Health Corps Fellowship
The GHC fellowship is an exciting opportunity to build skills and gain experience with a high-impact health organization. It’s a year that will catalyze your personal and professional growth as a leader, placing you within a global and diverse network of bright, young, and committed health equity champions.
For this reason, GHC welcomes young professionals from
- South Africa,
- Zambia, and
- Zimbabwe to apply for paid 13 month fellowships with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia.
During their fellowship year, fellows make significant contributions to their placement organizations and the communities they serve. They also engage in robust leadership training and integrate into GHC’s global network.
Worth of Award
- The fellowship starts with one week of inspiring sessions with thought leaders, bonding with your cohort, and reflections on your role as a next gen global health leader. Trainings, coaching, and mentorship continue year-round!
- You will adapt and innovate as you learn the needs of your placement organization, and work to add value and advance health equity. There will be highs and lows, and new learnings every day.
- GHC fellows and alumni span borders and boundaries of all kinds, but form a tight knit network united in the belief that health is a human right. Fellows are placed in pairs so there is always someone to turn to.
- Transforming health systems is complex, difficult, and long-term work and you have to bring your whole self. So cultivating resilience, self-care, and empathy as an emerging leader is a core component of the curriculum.
By the start of the fellowship, fellows must:
- Be 30 years of age or younger.
- Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate university degree.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of Burundi, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, or Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
All applications for the Global Health Corps Fellowship should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications for the 2023-2024 Africa fellowship class are now open until January 11, 2023.