Global Health Corps fellowships open for applications from young professionals to work on the frontlines of the fight for global health at existing health organizations and government agencies. Global Health Corps Fellowship
Fellows are currently working in Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and the United States. Applicants may apply to up to three positions. The period of commitment is from mid-June to mid-August of the following year. Global Health Corps Fellowship
The year begins with a 2-week Training Institute at Yale University for all fellows, followed by retreats and workshops throughout the year. In addition, fellows have access to distance learning and collaboration opportunities, an advising program, professional development funds and networking opportunities, and GHC staff site visits and check-ins. Global Health Corps Fellowship
Worth of Award
- The period of commitment is from mid-June to mid-August of the following year. This includes attending a two-week Summer Training Institute in June/July, followed by twelve months working on the ground on the fellowship, and a final group exit meeting in August. Fellows travel directly from Training to their placement site.
- GHC fellows are provided with living stipends, housing, health insurance, work expenses, and all travel required for fellowship participation. Fellows are also eligible to receive up to $600 in professional development funds.
- In addition to covering these expenses, all fellows receive a completion award of $1500 at the end of the fellowship. (Note: The completion award and professional development fund may be disbursed in USD or local currency.
- -Be 30 or under at the start of the fellowship
- -Have an undergraduate university degree by July 2018
- -Be proficient in English
How to Apply
- The mode of application is online.
- Create an account below and log in to start an application. You will need to use a computer (not a tablet or smartphone) with one of the web browsers listed on this page.
- Select “Create or Edit Application” to fill out our online application, including selecting up to three positions. Click “Save Draft” to save your application log out and return anytime.
- After you submit your application, click “Print or Download Application” to view or download your application. You will NOT be able to make changes after you submit.
- Select “Add or Edit Recommendation Request” to submit the contact information of one reference who will complete a recommendation form for you. After you send the request, your reference will get an email with the recommendation form and submission instructions.
- Select “Skills and Experiences Survey” to share information about your background that GHC can use to consider you if additional opportunities arise.
Deadline: Application for the Global Health Corps Fellowship closes on January 18, 2018.
Click here for more details and to apply