The ‘German Aerospace Center’ (DLR) and the ‘German Academic Exchange Service’ (DAAD) invites applicants for the new “DLR – DAAD Research Fellowships” which are now available on offer in the fields of Space, Aeronautics, Energy and Transportation Research. Non-German applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
DLR is Germany´s national research centre for aeronautics and space. Its extensive research and development work in Aeronautics, Space, Transportation and Energy is integrated into national and international cooperative ventures. As Germany´s space agency, DLR has been given responsibility for the forward planning and the implementation of the German space programme by the German federal government as well as for the international representation of German interests. Approximately 8,300 people plus ca. 400 international visiting scientists are employed in DLR´s 40 institutes and facilities at 20 locations in Germany.
This special programme is intended for highly-qualified foreign doctoral and postdoctoral students as well as senior scientists from the fields of Aeronautics, Space, Transportation, and Energy. DLR-DAAD Fellowships offer outstanding scientists and researchers the opportunity to conduct special research at the institutes of the DLR in Germany.
Please note that within the DLR-DAAD programme, you can apply only for a DLR institute, not for a university or any other institution.
DLR-DAAD Fellowships are defined and awarded on an individual basis. Each Fellowship announcement will indicate the specific qualification requirements and terms of the visit. The current offers are published under ‘DLR-DAAD Fellowships – Current Offers’ on the homepages of the DAAD and the DLR.
Fellowships are of the following types
- Type A: Doctoral Students
- Type B: Postdoctoral Students
- Type C: Senior Scientists
Fellowships are always awarded for the length of the research stay in Germany. The host DLR institute and the fellowship candidate will agree upon the length of this term.
Worth of Award
These opportunities are fully funded with
- Type A: 1,760 Euros with possibly additional payments e.g. flat-rate travel allowance, health insurance, family allowances
- Type B: 2,400 Euros
- Type C: 2,760 Euros
At the time of their application, applicants for a DLR-DAAD Fellowship must
- be able to prove their outstanding study or research achievements,
- Type A: have completed their studies or research with a university degree,
- Type B: have completed their studies with a doctorate/PhD/Candidate (Russia),
- Type C: applicants must be working in higher education or at a research institute; positions are open to outstandingly-qualified academics and scientists who should generally hold a doctorate/ Ph.D.,
- have an excellent knowledge of English, please provide evidence of this through the submission of appropriate language certificates (e.g. TOEFL: 550/217); a knowledge of German is advantageous,
- have completed their last degree in the last six years (Type A) or have completed their doctorate in the last two years (Type B) or assessed individually according to prerequisites (Type C),
- not be of German nationality.
How to Apply
- The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD online portal.
- Furthermore, your referees should send the hard copies of the letters of recommendation to the application address by post
Deadline: Application is open until positions are filled