The ‘German Aerospace Center’ (DLR) and the ‘German Academic Exchange Service’ (DAAD) invites applicants for the new “DLR – DAAD Research Fellowships” which are now available on offer in the fields of Space, Aeronautics, Energy and Transportation Research. Non-German applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The German Aerospace Center (DLR) is the national aeronautics and space research center of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its extensive research and development work in aeronautics, space, energy, transport, digitalization, and security is integrated into national and international cooperative ventures.
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic co-operation.
Worth of Award
- Type A: 1,365 Euros (plus allowance for materials of 102 Euros) with possibly additional payments e.g. flat-rate travel allowance, health insurance, family allowances
- Type B: 2,000 Euros
- Type C: 2,300 Euros
- Non-German applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The candidate should have a strong background in mapping archaeological sites by using GIS and remote sensing technology. A high level of publications in international journals and conferences is expected.
Advantageous Skills: Good knowledge about mapping landscape deformation and assessing types and changes of landform.
At the time of their application, applicants for a DLR-DAAD Fellowship must
- be able to prove their outstanding study or research achievements,
- Type A: have completed their studies or research with a university degree,
- Type B: have completed their studies with a doctorate/Ph.D./Candidate (Russia),
- Type C: Applicants must be working in higher education or at a research institute; positions are open to outstandingly-qualified academics and scientists who should generally hold a doctorate/ Ph.D.,
- have an excellent knowledge of English, please provide evidence of this through the submission of appropriate language certificates (e.g. TOEFL: 550/217); a knowledge of German is advantageous,
- have completed their last degree in the last six years (Type A) or have completed their doctorate in the last two years (Type B) or assessed individually according to prerequisites (Type C),
- Not be of German nationality.
Non-German applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: The candidate should have a strong background in mapping archaeological sites by using GIS and remote sensing technology.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have an excellent knowledge of English, please provide evidence of this through the submission of appropriate language certificates (e.g. TOEFL: 550/217); a knowledge of German is advantageous.
How to Apply
- The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD online portal.
- You are also requested to send the “Application Summary” (pdf file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, by email to dlr-daad-program-at-daad.de.
- Furthermore, your referees should send the hard copies of the letters of recommendation to the application address by post
Deadline: Application closes by September 10, 2017.
Click here for details and to apply