The University of Oxford invites applications for the Clarendon Scholarships for International Students in the UK for the 2023/24 academic year.
The Clarendon Fund’s purpose is simple; to assist academically outstanding graduate students through their studies in Oxford. Clarendon scholarships are competitive, prestigious and highly sought-after. Like all fully-funded Oxford scholarships, Clarendon covers course fees, and provides a generous grant for living expenses. This funding helps reduce the financial barriers that may stand in the way of the best students, from across the world, coming to study at Oxford.
Worth of Award
- Clarendon scholarships cover course fees in full. This applies to Home and Overseas fee status students.
- Scholars on a full-time course will receive an annual grant for living expenses of at least the minimum Research Council doctoral stipend rate, which is normally sufficient to cover the living costs of a single student living in Oxford.
- In 2023-24, you should expect to receive at least £17,668.
- The scholarships are open to all subject areas and to all candidates who apply for a new Master’s or DPhil course by the December or January admissions deadline, whichever is relevant to your course.
- All full-time DPhil and Master’s courses are eligible, as long as you have applied by the relevant January deadline for your course.
- Clarendon supports scholars from across the University, with no restrictions on subject area.
- Candidates applying to start a new DPhil or Master’s course at Oxford are eligible. This includes students who are currently studying for a Master’s degree at Oxford but who will be re-applying for a DPhil or applying for a second Master’s course.
- Applicants who hold a deferred graduate offer are not eligible to be considered for this scholarship.
- Current students who will continue to study for the same degree at Oxford in the next year are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply
- By applying for graduate study you will automatically be considered for a Clarendon scholarship.
- You do not need to submit any additional documents and there are no separate scholarship application forms for Clarendon.
Deadline: Deadlines for the Clarendon Scholarships for International Students vary for different courses.