The Center for NanoScience at Venice International University invites nominations for the Nano Innovation Award 2018 for outstanding graduate theses in nanoscience, performed in Bavaria. Research projects with a potential for industrial applications are especially welcome. Candidates have to be nominated by their supervisor. These must have been defended between 22 June 2018.
While most scientific prices emphasize on findings and results in fundamental research only, the Nano Innovation Award decidedly attaches importance to future applicability. The prize money is donated by four successful spin-offs of CeNS, all with their own company history directly connected to the idea of the award. The companies attocube systems AG, ibidi GmbH, Nanion Technologies GmbH und NanoTemper Technologies GmbH together with CeNS honor gifted and creative junior researchers, whose results are not only interesting for fundamental research but also promising for technological applications.
Worth of Award
- €3,000 in the category “Master’s thesis” and
€6,000 in the category “PhD thesis”.
- In addition, the awardees will be invited to present their results at the CeNS workshop in Venice.
The prize is awarded in two categories:
- For an outstanding master’s thesis in the field of nanosciences/nanotechnology
- For an outstanding PhD thesis in the field of nanosciences/nanotechnology
The prize money is donated by the CeNS spin-offs attocube systems, ibidi, Nanion Technologies and NanoTemper Technologies.
- Outstanding graduate theses in nanoscience, performed in Bavaria.
- A Researcher with a potential for industrial applications are especially welcome.
- Candidates have to be nominated by their supervisor.
- These must have been defended between 22 June 2018.
The selection committee 2017 comprises of five members:
– Prof. Alexander Holleitner, TUM
– Prof. Christoph Kutter, Fraunhofer-Einrichtung für Mikrosysteme und Festkörper-Technologien EMFT
– Prof. Don Lamb, LMU
– Prof. Claudia Veigel, LMU/CeNS board
– Dr. Roman Zantl, ibidi
The selection of the awardees is a two-stage process. Shortlisted candidates will be informed one week before the award ceremony.
Deadline: Application closes on July 17, 2018.
Click here for more details and to apply