The USF Ricci Institute, University of San Francisco (USF) in USA invites applications for new Luce Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships for the summer of 2018 as part of a project supported by the Henry Luce Foundation in New York.
The USF Ricci Institute is a premier global resource for the study of Chinese-Western cultural exchange with a core focus on the social and cultural history of Christianity in China. Besides its more than 80,000 volumes of books in Chinese and
Western languages, its library also includes digital copies of: (1) the Japonica-Sinica Manuscript Collection from the Roman Archives of the Society of Jesus (ARSI); (2) the Francis A. Rouleau Microfilm / Digital Archival Collections’ (3) the Canton
Diocese Archival Collection; (4) the Passionist China Collection; (5) the Anthony E. Clark Collection; and (6) other archival materials.
Worth of Award
The stipend is up to $4,500/month.
- Applicants who are not U.S. citizens
- This fellowship is open to post-doctoral level applicants, including Junior Faculty members and researchers (i.e. within five years of having received the PhD degree).
This fellowship requires a mandatory residence of three months.
How to Apply
- All successful applicants will be expected to participate in the mandatory orientation on June 1, 2018.
- Late arrivals and early departures will only be accepted for extraordinary reasons and will require approval well in advance.
- Applicants must submit (1) a most recent Curriculum Vitae; (2) a 5-10 page double-spaced statement with an outline of the proposed research and related activities, the contribution the scholar hopes to make in the relevant field(s), tentative plan for the publication of the research results, and how the research is related to and enriched by resources available at the USF Ricci Institute; (3) a proposed budget and other funding sources, if any; (4) two up-to-date letters of recommendation.
- All required documents must be in English. Successful applications will be announced sometime in February 2018. All application documents should be submitted by email to: [email protected] with the subject line: “Summer 2018 Luce Post-Doctoral Fellowship Application”. Letters of recommendation must be submitted directly from the recommenders either electronically to the above e-mail address.
Deadline: Applications close on 5th January 2018
Click here for more details and to apply