The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) in Kenya offers its Postdoctoral Position in Sustainable Livestock Systems for Kenyan students. This position will be part of the Index-Based Livestock Insurance (IBLI) team as it works to support sustainable livelihood options for dryland populations.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) is an international agricultural research institute based in Nairobi, Kenya, and founded by the merging of the International Livestock Centre for Africa and the International Laboratory for Research on Animal Diseases.
Worth of Award
- ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical insurance, life insurance and allowances for: education, housing, home leave, and annual holiday entitlement of 30 days + public holidays.
- Kenyan applicants are eligible to apply for the position.
- Applicants must have a PhD in Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, Public Policy or any related field requiring a high degree of skill in quantitative analysis.
How to Apply
- Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the role and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab, above before 29 December 2017. The position title and reference number: PD/SLS/11/2017 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
- We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Deadline: Applications close December 29, 2017