The University of Turku in Finland invites applications for Scholarships for Master’s Degree Programmes which are now open for applications from international students for the academic year 2018-2019. The University of Turku has high-quality programmes covering a wide range of topics from exact sciences to broader and more general fields of study.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide either 50% or 100% of the tuition fee to international students to study at the university.
The University of Turku, located in Turku in southwestern Finland, is the second largest university in the country as measured by student enrollment, after the University of Helsinki.
Worth of Award
- The aim of the scholarship is to provide either 50% or 100% of the tuition fee to international students to study at the university.
- Tuition fees (8 000 – 16 000 € per year) will be charged from citizens of a country outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
- However, if you have to pay tuition fees you are also eligible for the scholarship. In the last application round, they awarded a total of 570 000 euros worth of scholarships to our best applicants.
- About a third of the fee-paying students get the scholarship and it covers either 50% or 100% of the tuition fee.
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Students should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study and good enough English skills. Language skills are usually verified by an international language test such as TOEFL or IELTS but there are also other, programme-specific ways of demonstrating your skills.
How to Apply
The application form is online at studyinfo.fi.
- Check first their website and decide which one(s) of the thirteen programmes is for you.
- Check that you are eligible for the programme and that you have all the required enclosures ready. Scan the enclosures to pdf-files.
- search for the programme(s) you are interested in or simply click the direct link on the masters.utu.fi programme page. Next, to the programme description, you find the button “fill in application”.
- Fill in the application by 31 January and submit all of the enclosures in electronic form (pdf).
Deadline: Applications close on 31st January 2018