The University of Illinois Springfield invites new international transfer students to apply for merit-based scholarships awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, for the 2018/2019 academic year.
Approximately 169 scholarships worth more than $350,000 will be available for UIS students for the 2018-2019 academic year.
UIS is always looking for qualified students from around the country. They frequently review grant offerings to ensure they serve a geographically diverse population.
Merit awards are also available for international students. They are awarded upon admission and can be renewed for up to four years as long as the student maintains a 3.0 cumulative GPA. They can also be awarded to IEP students for use when they begin their undergraduate program. Exchange students are not eligible.
Worth of Award
- 3.00 to 3.49 GPA will receive $2,000
- 3.50 to 3.74 GPA will receive $3,000
- 3.75 to 4.00 GPA will receive $4,000
- Must have a qualifying cumulative grade point average
- Must have 30 transfer hours by entry to UIS
- Must be fully admitted and enrolled in a degree-seeking program
- Must be enrolled in an on-campus program (online programs are not eligible)
- Students already holding a Bachelor’s Degree (i.e. students seeking a second Bachelor’s Degree) are not eligible
- Must have valid FAFSA on file with the Office of Financial Assistance by the first day of classes
- Must have official final transcripts received by the Office of Admissions by the start of classes
- Your admissions application will serve as the scholarship application
- Renewable for up to three years with an institutional GPA of 3.0 or better.
How to Apply
- You can apply at any time using the online application.
- Applying for UIS Merit Scholarships.
Deadline: Applications close on 15th February 2018