The University of Illinois (UIS) in the USA invites new international transfer students to apply for merit-based scholarships awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, for the 2019/2020 academic year.
They are awarded upon admission and can be renewed for up to four years as long as the student maintains a 3.0 cumulative GPA. They can also be awarded to IEP students for use when they begin their undergraduate program. Exchange students are not eligible.
UIS strives to create a campus climate that values diversity and that eliminates intolerance and stereotyping. Unfair treatment, intimidation or threats of violence is always unacceptable and we will do everything necessary to support and protect members of our campus community.
The University of Illinois Springfield continues to be recognized for the strength of its academic programs, online education, and dedication to excellence. UIS has been ranked among the top 15 public regional universities in the Midwest for each of the past eleven years.
Worth of Award
- 3.00 to 3.49 GPA will receive $2,000
- 3.50 to 3.74 GPA will receive $3,000
- 3.75 to 4.00 GPA will receive $4,000
- Simply apply to UIS and Admissions staff will automatically review your eligibility
- They accept any international student who has graduated from high school with a desire to begin an undergraduate program at the University of Illinois at Springfield.
- You must have graduated from high school or be completing your last year of high school.
- You must have less than 30 transferable credit hours to qualify as a Freshman.
- If you have more than 30 transferable credit hours, you are considered a Transfer student.
- You must comply with the standard admission requirements for undergraduate applicants.
- You must meet our English Proficiency Admission Requirements or their Conditional Admission Requirements.
How to Apply
You are automatically considered for the scholarships one you indicate your interest during your application to the University
- Complete the Online Admissions Application
- Personal and Academic Statement
- Personal Statement – This is an applicant’s chance to tell us about themselves. Describe interests and accomplishments which are not indicated elsewhere on the application.
- Academic Statement – Tell us more about professional aspiration, intellectual interests, and personal experiences relevant to the choice of a specific academic program at the University of Illinois at Springfield.
- $60 USD non-refundable application fee
- Payable to the University of Illinois at Springfield
- Students should pay online when completing the application.
- Important: DO not submit fees in cash or via wire.
- Official, university envelope-sealed transcripts or certified academic records, mailed to the Office of Admissions
- Official English proficiency score – Applicants whose native language is not English must meet the UIS English Proficiency Admission Requirements
- Submit all applicable test scores
- Required Health Records (only for on-campus students)
Deadline: Applications close on February 15, 2019