The University of Edinburgh invites applications from international students for the Muriel Smith Scholarship for postgraduate students to be awarded in 2018/2019 in The School of Literatures, Languages, and Cultures.
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Worth of Award
- The award will cover tuition fees for a maximum of one year at the Home/EU rate for the chosen Masters programme of study (up to a maximum of £10,100).
- Successful Overseas applicants will be liable for the difference between the Home/EU and Overseas fees rates.
- Home/EU and overseas students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have applied for a Masters programme of study within the School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures before 11th April 2018. Their references must have been submitted by 25th April 2018. The award will support one female postgraduate masters student who has been domiciled in Scotland for a minimum of 4 years prior to the commencement of the MSc programme. Applicants to the following degree programmes are eligible:
- Masters by Research (MScR) French Studies or Hispanic (Peninsular Spanish) Studies
- MSc Translation Studies, specialising in French or Spanish
- PhD students are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
- The scholarship is to be awarded in one year of study only, part-time students will have the Home/EU tuition fees paid in each of the two years of study.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply
Applications for the MSc can be made via the online postgraduate prospectus link.
Deadline: Applications close on 11th April 2018