The University of Edinburgh in the UK invites applications from international students for the Muriel Smith Scholarship for postgraduate students to be awarded in 2019/2020 in The School of Literatures, Languages, and Cultures.
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Worth of Award
- The award will cover tuition fees for a maximum of one year at the Home/EU rate for the chosen Masters programme of study (up to a maximum of £10,100).
- Successful Overseas applicants will be liable for the difference between the Home/EU and Overseas fees rates.
- Home/EU and overseas students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have applied for a Masters programme of study within the School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures before 11th April 2019. Their references must have been submitted by 25th April 2019.
- The award will support one female postgraduate masters student who has been domiciled in Scotland for a minimum of 4 years prior to the commencement of the MSc programme.
- Applicants to the following degree programmes are eligible:
Masters by Research (MScR) French Studies or Hispanic (Peninsular Spanish) Studies
MSc Translation Studies, specialising in French or Spanish
- PhD students are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
- The scholarship is to be awarded in one year of study only, part-time students will have the Home/EU tuition fees paid in each of the two years of study.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply
Applications for the MSc can be made via the online postgraduate prospectus link.
Deadline: The deadline for the application is 2nd May 2019.