The University of Birmingham invites applications from UK, EU and international students for Music Masters Scholarships for the 2018/2019 academic session. These awards are open to UK, EU and international students, studying campus-based master programmes in the Department of Music, starting in September 2018.
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. The College of Arts and Law is offering a number of Music scholarships for entry in September 2018, through a combination of Bramall Music Scholarships and Music Department Scholarships. Awards vary in value, and are available to students taking our Masters programmes:
- Music MA (various pathways)
- Music MA by Research (specialising in Composition, Musicology or Performance)
The Music MA is a flexible programme designed to cater for those with a wide range of interests and specialisms. It is conceived as a ‘next step’ after the undergraduate degree, either as a stepping stone to research, as a qualification for teaching in the FE sector or simply to satisfy a thirst for development. There are 12 specialist pathways that you can choose from; each includes a range of core and optional taught modules and you will complete the course with a dissertation, recital or composition portfolio.
Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting satisfactory scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Worth of Award
Awards available vary in value.
- These awards are open to UK, EU and international students, studying campus-based Masters programmes in the Department of Music, starting in September 2018.
- Applications for funding can only be considered alongside an application to study.
- English Language Requirements: Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting satisfactory scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
How to Apply
- In order to apply, you must have completed an application to study.
- You will then need to complete our online application form. Your application must also be supported by two references.
- By applying, you will be automatically considered for relevant College of Arts and Law scholarships.
Deadline: Applications close on Friday 23rd March 2018 at 4pm.
Click here for more details and to apply