Warren Wilson College invites international students to apply for both merit and need-based scholarships for 2018/2019 academic session. International students are important to the Warren Wilson College community and we have allocated funding toward merit based and need-based award awards to make your undergraduate studies affordable.
Warren Wilson does not require a separate application for scholarship consideration except for the Milepost One full-tuition scholarship. All applicants are reviewed for scholarships at the time of acceptance. You will be notified in your acceptance letter of any scholarships you’ve been awarded.
Worth of Award
- Academic Scholarships: All international students are considered for merit scholarships available to all students. $5,000-18,000 per yearOur academic scholarships include the Trustee, Presidential, Dean’s, and Opportunity scholarships. Based exclusively on academic performance, including research projects and rigor of curriculum, our academic scholarships celebrate the academic accomplishments of our students. As a test-optional institution, test scores are never used to determine scholarship awards.
- Milepost One Scholarship: Milepost One is also a full-tuition scholarship program for students eager to get on the road to a Warren Wilson degree but concerned about making it financially possible. Warren Wilson awards up to 25 full-tuition Milepost One scholarships per year to students with total family income levels equal to or below $125,000 per year. This means that even families who may not be eligible for federal or state need-based grants still have an opportunity to earn a full tuition scholarship.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be admitted to Warren Wilson College for the first-time, as a full-time undergraduate;
- Have a minimum 3.0 weighted high school GPA;
- Complete the application requirements by the deadline;
- Have a Total Family Income* equal to or less than $125,000;
- Live on campus and participate in the Warren Wilson Work Program;
- File a 2018-2019 FAFSA using their 2016 taxes and send to Warren Wilson College by March 1, 2018 (school code: 002979);
- International Students must complete the CollegeBoard International Student Financial Aid Application;
How to Apply
- Submit the CollegeBoard International Student Financial Aid Application with your admissions application. Please note students who wish to apply for financial need-based aid must do so at the time of submitting your admission application!
- Students financial need awards will be processed through our financial aid office and awarded within 2 weeks of acceptance.
Deadline: Applications close on 1st March 2019