The Hanken School of Economics in Finland invites applications for the Hanken’s Scholarship Scheme open to non-EU/EEA students to pursue master’s degree programme for the 2019-2020 academic year. Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic performance. The scholarship is eligible for pursuing a master degree in one of the relevant fields below.
The Hanken School of Economics is a business school located in Helsinki and Vaasa. Hanken was established in 1909 and is the only stand-alone business school in Finland. They have a comprehensive scholarship system to support fee-paying students. Applying for a scholarship will not affect your application to the Master’s Degree Programme. The scholarships at Hanken are merit-based.
The Master’s Degree Programme at Hanken is composed of full-time studies and therefore students should not plan to work while studying. During the semester, non-EU citizens studying in Finland are, however, allowed to work up to 25 hours/week with their student residence permit. During holidays, (specifically the summer and Christmas holidays) there is no such limitation and students are able to work full-time.
A Master’s degree from Hanken provides you with the opportunity to specialise in your field of interest, be in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management, Marketing, Humanitarian logistics, or even IP Law.
Worth of Awards
- Hanken Premium Scholarship: Covers the full tuition fee and 8000 EUR/year living expenses
- Hanken Honours Scholarship: Covers the full tuition fee
- Hanken Support Scholarship: Covers 50% of the tuition fee
- A cost-of-living scholarship (2000 EUR) may also be granted to non-paying students.
The scholarships are awarded based on the applicant’s academic excellence.
- All participants must satisfy all of the admission requirement of the master program.
- International students. There is no nationality restriction.
- If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply
- Applying for the scholarships is an integrated part of the application for Master’s Degree studies at Hanken.
- Apply through the application portal as soon as the application portal opens. Log in and create your basic profile already now.
Deadline: Applications close on January 16, 2019 at 15:00 (GMT +2).