Bangchak Initiative and Innovative Centre ([email protected]) at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Thailand invites applications for the Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships in 2020.
The Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships are for excellent doctoral applicants with interests in Green Energy such as smart energy platform and Bio-based product with a focus on value-added from Algae.
- The Bangchak Initiative and Innovative Centre addresses fundamental and applied research challenges facing the Renewable energy industry worldwide and its objective is to inculcate entrepreneurship and creation of enterprises on knowledge-based innovation. The research program concentrates on smart energy platform which includes energy storage, smart device and energy efficiency and bio-based product which can be biomaterial, biodegradable and biomedical. The Centre is generously funded to collaborate closely with top industries and universities domestically and internationally.
- The role of the researcher is mainly, but not exclusively, to carry out innovative research in the field of smart energy platform and bio-based product which will lead to patents and commercial products. They will act as a bridge between both industry needs and academic research objectives in order to bring about highly structured and well-defined solutions to the industrial problems. [email protected] researchers will be expected to have both academic and industry experience, together with a sound understanding of the wider energy landscape beyond their area of expertise. All researchers will be expected to initiate and contribute to the writing of proposals and other external funding streams.
Worth of Award
- All research assistant scholarships are fully-funded (covering the stipend and tuition fees) and open to students from any country.
- The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for doctoral students. The period of student assistantship is 42 months.
- Selected candidates will get a unique opportunity to co-found an international start-up company with separate funding from BIIC or others.
- Any nationality is welcome to apply
- First-class (honours) bachelor’s and master’s degrees or equivalent (Master GPA above 3.50 out of 4.0)
- English Proficiency: IELTS or AIT EET score above 6.0
- The role of the researcher is to carry out innovative research which will lead to patent and commercial products
- Ability to present results in technical reports, and prepare scientific papers for publication in high impact factor international refereed journals.
- Capable of working within a project team to achieve innovative results.
- Exceptional communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in incubation/founding start-up company is added advantage
- Experience in the following fields will be a plus; Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Big Data Analytics, Blockchain, Energy technology, Clean Technology, Smart Cities etc.
Specific Requirements for Energy Area
- Relevant power electronic industrial and research experience
- Hardware Experience/Knowledge on Converters, prototype development.
- Exceptional coding ability in programming tools such as Matlab, Python etc. and experience in design and modelling tools like Simulink/PSIM/LabVIEW/ or other power electronics simulation tools
Specific Requirements for FEBT Area
- Having Bachelor and Master degrees in Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Science and Technology and/or similar relevant subjects
Specific Requirements for EEM Area
- Having Bachelor and Master degree in biochemical or chemical engineering, civil engineering, environmental engineering, public health science or related applied sciences.
- Capable of programming and experience in design and modelling of wastewater treatment systems.
- Experience/Knowledge on controls of bioreactor.
How to Apply
For Admission in August 2020 batch, Please fill the online application. Along with this application, applicant should send the following documents all in one combined PDF file to the following email ([email protected]) on or before the deadline. The successful candidates will get enrolled immediately in August 2020 semester.
- Covering letter
- Project proposal with pitching ideas which may lead to commercial products/start-ups (2 pages maximum)
- Information about education, exams and previous relevant work/research experience (a CV).
- Certified copies of academic diplomas and certificates.
- Publications that relevant to the research scope and any other work which the applicant wishes to be taken into account and should clearly state the applicant’s contribution.
- Names and contact information of at least two references
Deadline: Applications for Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships close on March 31, 2020