Technical University of Denmark, DTU invites applications for Phd scholarships in Data Driven Plant Reconfiguration for international students and researchers for the 2018 academic session.
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice.
This project shall provide the framework for plant improvement based on re-configuration. The foundation of this project is a clear understanding of plant variation and performance differences. A generic model must be developed to allow comparison of plant configurations. This is followed by process analysis and parameter mapping. This will provide knowledge of influencing factors and the reconfiguration possibilities. A statistical model based on performance data, will assist in determination of the most impactful adjustments and reconfigurations.
The research will be governed by the following research questions.
- How can a variety of plants be modularly de-constructed and subdivided, to form a normalized base for inter-plant comparison?
- How can the parameters of complex processes and their influence on the final product be mapped?
- How can the plant process variance and acquired performance data point to root causes for performance differences?
- How can parameter mapping and statistical modelling point to most impactful reconfigurations?
Worth of Award
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations.
- The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union. The period of employment is 3 years.
- Candidates should have a master’s degree in engineering or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in engineering.
How to Apply
- Please submit your online application as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration.
- To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and excel spreadsheet here)
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.