International Centre for Theoretical Physics, ICTP Italy, Earth System Physics section (ESP) is accepting applications for two post-doctoral positions in regional climate modeling. The tasks for the positions are as follows:
Position 1, under the framework of the EUCP Eu project:
- Contribute to the completion and analysis of RegCM4 simulations at convection-permitting resolutions envisioned under the EUCP project;
- Cooperate with the other members of the EUCP team in integrating the information obtained with the RegCM4 model towards the development of a European Climate Prediction system;
- Contribute to the testing and development of the non-hydrostatic configuration of the ICTP regional climate model RegCM4?.
Position 2, under the framework of the CORDEX international programme:
- Contribute to the completion and analysis of RegCM4 simulations over different CORDEX domains;
- Post-process the output of the CORDEX simulations in order to port it on the CORDEX ESGF nodes;
- Analyze the RegCM4 simulations within the context of multi-model projections with other CORDEX RCMs.
Worth of Award
- The ICTP offers internationally competitive remuneration, which will depend on the research experience of the candidate.
- The position is offered for an initial period of one year, renewable for up to an additional two years, to start as soon as possible.
- International applicants.
- Candidates should have a PhD in atmospheric science, geophysical science or related fields.
- They should have proven experience in regional climate modeling, preferably with the ICTP regional climate model RegCM.
- Experience with convection permitting models is an added value for position 1.
For both positions, the incumbent will be also required to:
- Publish research in the peer-reviewed scientific literature;
- Supervise students and young visitors of the ESP section;
- Participate in the organization of ICTP activities (schools, workshops, etc.).
How to Apply
- Refer to the online application page. Each application should include:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A list of publication
- Two reference letters (to be submitted directly by the referees)
Deadline: The application deadline is 8 December 2017.