ICTP’s Earth System Physics section (ESP) invites applications for two postdoctoral positions in regional climate modeling for 2018 for international researchers. The tasks for the positions are as follows:
Position 1, under the framework of the EUCP Eu project:
- Contribute to the completion and analysis of RegCM4 simulations at convection-permitting resolutions envisioned under the EUCP project;
- Cooperate with the other members of the EUCP team in integrating the information obtained with the RegCM4 model towards the development of a European Climate Prediction system;
- Contribute to the testing and development of the non-hydrostatic configuration of the ICTP regional climate model RegCM4?.
Position 2, under the framework of the CORDEX international programme:
- Contribute to the completion and analysis of RegCM4 simulations over different CORDEX domains;
- Post-process the output of the CORDEX simulations in order to port it on the CORDEX ESGF nodes;
- Analyze the RegCM4 simulations within the context of multi-model projections with other CORDEX RCMs.
Worth of Award
- The ICTP offers internationally competitive remuneration, which will depend on the research experience of the candidate.
- The position is offered for an initial period of one year, renewable for up to an additional two years, to start as soon as possible.
For both positions, the incumbent will be also required to:
- Publish research in the peer-reviewed scientific literature;
- Supervise students and young visitors of the ESP section;
- Participate in the organization of ICTP activities (schools, workshops, etc.).
- Candidates should have a PhD in atmospheric science, geophysical science or related fields.
- They should have proven experience in regional climate modeling, preferably with the ICTP regional climate model RegCM.
- Experience with convection permitting models is an added value for position 1.
How to Apply
To apply, refer to the online application page. See link below
Each application should include:
- a Curriculum Vitae
- a list of publications
- two reference letters (to be submitted directly by the referees)
Deadline: The application deadline is December 8, 2017.