The Australian Research Council Training Centre for Innovation in Biomedical Imaging Technology (CIBIT), University of Queensland, Australia invites applications from graduates with relevant backgrounds for the PhD scholarship in Biomedical Imaging Technology for the 2018/2019 academic session.
CIBIT is a multidisciplinary collaboration between researchers at The University of Queensland’s Centre for Advanced Imaging and partners in the Medical Technologies and Pharmaceutical industry. The purpose of this national centre is to provide research training in the development of ‘smart’ probes and ‘smart’ scanning techniques in conjunction with industry partners. Students will undertake industry-driven research to overcome bottlenecks in the development and application of novel diagnostics, therapeutics and theranostics and to inform changes in regulatory policy that support industry growth. Scholarships will include an industry placement for one year.
Worth of Award
$27,082 (2018 rate) indexed annually + possible top-up.
- Students may be domestic or international of high scholarly calibre and will have a First Class Honours degree, Masters degree or equivalent. Applicants must meet the requirements for admission into the UQ Graduate School HDR program and should also be eligible for a UQ Graduate School Scholarship (UQGSS) International student
- Be studying full-time and onshore in Australia.
- Be nominated by an enrolling school or institute at UQ.
- Be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- Not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Not be receiving a living allowance award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship living allowance rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
- Not be receiving a Commonwealth funded tuition fee scholarship.
How to Apply
All applicants must supply the following documents
- Cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and suitability for this research.
- Academic CV, including details of two referees.
- International applicants: Evidence for meeting UQ’s English language proficiency requirements.
- Academic transcript for all post-secondary study undertaken, complete or incomplete, including the institution grading scale.