The Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Sociology and Social Work of the Aalborg University Denmark invite applications for a 3-year PhD scholarship within the field of sociology of emotions. A PhD scholarship in Sociology is open for appointment on 1 February 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The teaching portion of the scholarship will primarily be allocated to the BA and MA in Sociology. A minor portion of the teaching may be allocated to similar programs within the School of Sociology and Social Work.
Worth of Award
- 3-year PhD scholarship
- Appointment and salary in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
- Applicants with BA and MA in Sociology
- Applicants in School of Sociology and Social Work
- The PhD scholarship has a duration of three years. Applicants to the PhD scholarship must hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree. Applicants enrolled at a Danish Master programme who expect to graduate before the date of appointment must forward a copy of their thesis contract and documentation for the date of their final exam.
- The completion of the scholarship will be in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the PhD Programme at the Universities No 1039 of 27 August 2013, and it is a prerequisite for allocation of a scholarship that enrolment as a PhD student at the Doctoral School of Social Sciences takes place.
How to Apply
- letter of motivation
- project proposal (approx. 5 pages) containing the research project title, an outline of the course of study and a description of the overall problem areas
- information on which language the PhD thesis is expected to be written in
- curriculum vitae
- diplomas confirming academic degrees (Master degree), including academic transcripts
- foreign applicants must forward verified IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). Exempted are applicants with at Master Degree from Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and Canada
- If Co-author statement. If publications that have been written in cooperation with others are submitted, a declaration from each of the authors must be enclosed. The declaration must state the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work and be signed by the authors.
- Application for credit transfer, if relevant.
- The complete application including attachments shall be sent electronically by selecting the “apply online” function. Please note that zipped files are not supported by the recruitment system, please upload only Word or PDF files.
- Assessment: The assessment of the applicants will be undertaken by an expert assessment committee.
- Shortlisting will be applied. This means that subsequent to the deadline for applications, the head of the department supported by the chair of the assessment committee will select candidates for assessment. All applicants will be informed whether they will be assessed or not. The selected applicants will be informed of the composition of the assessment committee, and each applicant will have the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that applies to the applicant in question. When the employment process has been terminated, a final rejection will be sent to the applicants who are not considered.The Faculty draws your attention to the fact that the applicant’s project description may be tested for plagiarism in the IT system iThenticate.
Deadline: Application is on till December 13, 2017
Click here for more details and apply