The SOAS University of London, University of Oxford and University of Reading are inviting prospective masters students to apply for Felix scholarship for the 2018/2019 academic session. Fully funded Scholarship for Developing Countries
The donor for the Felix Scholarship wishes to remain anonymous. The administration of the Scholarship is conducted by the three partner universities (SOAS University of London, University of Oxford and University of Reading), with the support of the Felix Trustees and their agents in London.
Worth of Award
- The fully funded Scholarship for Developing Countries covers the full cost of tuition fees; living costs and a return air fare.
- This Masters scholarship is shared with International Students House, which provides free accommodation and breakfast.
- The accommodation cost will be deducted from the living cost of £15,560.
- Any SOAS taught masters programme is eligible
- Candidates must be nationals of a developing country and not currently be living or studying outside of their country. This scholarship is aimed primarily at candidates who are nationals of Afghanistan, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Palestine territories (West Bank and Gaza) who are living in their country of origin
- Candidates must not have previously studied for one year or more outside of their country.
- Candidates must have a first class Bachelor’s degree from a University or comparable institution.
- Candidates who already hold a Master’s degree cannot apply for a Master’s degree scholarship.
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need.
- Graduates are expected to return to work in their home country.
- Candidates must have an offer of admission by the time shortlisting takes place in early March 2018. We may give priority to applicants with an unconditional offer of admission.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2018. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
How to Apply
- You must follow two steps to apply for the fully funded Scholarship for Developing Countries
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Applicants must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission. Check link below.
- A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degree obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV, and a personal statement.
- The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission.
- Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year.
- You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship
- You must apply for this scholarship online. See link below.
- Further enquiries: Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091
- Any queries about the Masters application process should be addressed to [email protected]
Deadline: Applications for fully funded Scholarship for Developing Countries must be submitted no later than 17:00 (UK local time) on 29 January 2018.