Glasgow Caledonian University, UK is inviting prospective masters students to apply for the MSc Big Data Technologies Scholarship for the 2018/2019 session.
This masters is unique as it provides you with a fundamental understanding of the architectures of Big Data systems as well as developing the enhanced skills in software application development and data analytics solutions that you need.
Worth of Award
- UK/EU student will receive £2,000 which will be deducted from Tuition fee’s
- International student will receive £4,000 which will be deducted from Tuition fee’s
- Student from any country who has applied for the full time MSc Big Data Technologies starting January 2018
How to apply
- Applications are done online via their website. See link below
Tips on how to complete your application are as follows:
- Check that you meet the criteria
- Be aware of the deadline and do not be late in submitting your application
- When filling out scholarship application forms, be complete, concise and creative. People who read these applications want to know the real you, not just your name. The application should clearly emphasize your ambitions, motivations and what makes you different!
- Briefly describe your long- and short-term goals.
- Detail any achievements/awards?
- From a financial standpoint, what impact would this scholarship have on your education?
- State any special personal or family circumstances affecting your need for financial assistance
- Think of the Universities motto ‘For the Common Good’ see how you can link this in to your application.
- Make sure your letter is neatly typed, well written and does not contain grammatical errors or misspelled words,
- Remember you are applying for a scholarship and not the course itself so detail your financial need, motivational and future aspirations in relation to the course… not all the requirements needed to get onto the course.
- For applications through the GCU scholarship portal (not including application direct to organisations) please type your draft in a word/office document and then transfer to the application once you are happy with your submission, as the portal may timeout when you are deep in thought of what to write next … then you could lose all work!!
- Make sure your application is submitted as you will receive a confirmation email if submitted successfully through the scholarship portal (only GCU Scholarships).
- If you have any questions please contact Andrea Butler on 0141 331 8770 or email [email protected]
Deadline: Application closes on the 30th of November, 2017.