Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland is inviting prospective masters students to apply for the Climate Justice Scholarship for the 2018/2019 academic session.
The MSc Climate Justice is a globally unique masters programme which provides students with an in-depth understanding, analysis and knowledge about the principles that underpin climate justice – human rights, development and climate change.
Worth of Award
- International students – £6,000 paid scholarship towards tuiton fee
- UK and EU students – £2,500 paid scholarship towards tuition fee
- Scholarships will be awarded on an overall assessment of merit and promise of the candidate, including their financial circumstances.
- UK, EU and International students who have applied and received an offer for the Full Time MSc Climate Justice course starting January 2018.
- If English is not the first language, students will be required to provide a language test before they can start their studies.
How to Apply
- Applications are done online via their website. See link below
Tips on completing your application are as follows:
- Check that you meet the criteria
- Be aware of the deadline and do not be late in submitting your application
- When filling out scholarship application forms, be complete, concise and creative. People who read these applications want to know the real you, not just your name. The application should clearly emphasize your ambitions, motivations and what makes you different!
- Briefly describe your long- and short-term goals.
- Detail any achievements/awards?
- From a financial standpoint, what impact would this scholarship have on your education?
- State any special personal or family circumstances affecting your need for financial assistance
- Think of the Universities motto ‘For the Common Good’ see how you can link this in to your application.
- Make sure your letter is neatly typed, well written and does not contain grammatical errors or misspelled words,
- Remember you are applying for a scholarship and not the course itself so detail your financial need, motivational and future aspirations in relation to the course… not all the requirements needed to get onto the course.
- For applications through the GCU scholarship portal (not including application direct to organisations) please type your draft in a word/office document and then transfer to the application once you are happy with your submission, as the portal may timeout when you are deep in thought of what to write next … then you could lose all work!!
- Make sure your application is submitted as you will receive a confirmation email if submitted successfully through the scholarship portal (only GCU Scholarships).
- If you have any questions please contact Andrea Butler on 0141 331 8770 or email [email protected]
Deadline: The application deadline is 20 November 2017.