Carleton University is now accepting applications for the Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship for the 2018/2019 academic session. Carleton University Richard Van Loon Scholarship, 2018
Among the best comprehensive universities in Canada, Carleton University is a dynamic, research-intensive university, committed to ensuring an outstanding learning experience for its students. Carleton offers 65 programs of study in areas as diverse as public affairs, journalism, engineering, high technology, and international studies. Carleton’s innovative, interdisciplinary, and international approach to research and discovery has garnered a formidable reputation, and has been a contributing factor in the continued increase in external funding invested in Carleton research.
The award was endowed in 2005 by friends, family and colleagues in honour of Richard J. Van Loon, Carleton’s 10th President.
Worth of Award
- It is valued at $5,000
- It is awarded annually
- You must be a citizen of an African country.
- You must be an international student, who is required to have a valid Study Permit for Canada.
- You must be registered as a full-time student at Carleton University and be successfully proceeding from one year to another in any program of study.
- You must be in good academic standing.
- Consideration will be given to students in financial need
How to Apply
- Download and fill application. See link below
- Please complete all 5 sections of the application form.
- Enclose with your application an essay (500-600 words) on the topic provided.
- Enclose with your application a sealed recommendation from an academic referee.
- Enclose with your application proof of citizenship and a copy of your study permit for Canada.
- Acceptable referees would include:
Professor who has taught a class you successfully completed
Dean of a Faculty
A Director of a School or Institute
A Chair of a Department or Program
Submit application to:
Richard J, Van Loon Scholarship Committee
c/o Awards Office
202 Robertson Hall
1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa ON K1S 5B6
Deadline: The deadline to apply is November 15, 2017.