The Society of Exploration Geophysicists is inviting prospective graduate and undergraduate students to apply for the SEG Scholarships for the 2018/2019 academic session.
SEG Scholarships encourage the study of geophysics and related geosciences. Thanks to the generosity of their donors, the SEG offers a range of different scholarship opportunities. Funds provided may be applied to tuition, books, and fees.
Worth of Award
- Scholarships range from $500 to $10,000 USD per academic year.
- Average awards are approximately $3,700.
- The number of scholarships available depends chiefly upon the number of sponsors and the amounts they contribute.
- SEG scholarships have been awarded to students all over the world.
SEG Scholarships are based on merit. To qualify, you must be a student who:
- Is a high school senior planning to attend college next year or an undergraduate or graduate college student;
- Has above average grades;
- Is intending to pursue a college curriculum directed toward a career in applied geophysics.
How to Apply
- Students must include current transcripts
- Must include email addresses for two faculty members who have agreed to serve as references.
- Submit your application online. See link below
For more information, contact SEG Scholarships at [email protected]
Deadline: Online applications are accepted 1 November, 2017 through 1 March, 2018.
Click here for more details and to apply
Click here to apply for scholarship