The Society of Exploration Geophysicists is inviting prospective graduate and undergraduate students to apply for the SEG Scholarships for the 2021/2022 academic session.
SEG Scholarships encourage the study of geophysics and related geosciences. Thanks to the generosity of their donors, the SEG offers a range of different scholarship opportunities. Funds provided may be applied to tuition, books, and fees.
Embracing a mission of connecting the world of applied geophysics, the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) is a not-for-profit organization supporting more than 20,000 members from 128 countries. The number of scholarships available depends chiefly upon the number of sponsors and the amounts they contribute. SEG scholarships have been awarded to students all over the world
Worth of Award
- Scholarships range from $500 to $10,000 USD per academic year.
- Average awards are approximately $3,700.
- Funds provided may be applied to tuition, books, and fees.
- The number of scholarships available depends chiefly upon the number of sponsors and the amounts they contribute.
SEG Scholarships are based on merit. To qualify, you must be a student who:
- Is a high school senior planning to attend college next year or an undergraduate or graduate college student;
- Has above-average grades;
- Is intending to pursue a college curriculum directed toward a career in applied geophysics.
How to Apply
- Students must include current transcripts
- Must include email addresses for two faculty members who have agreed to serve as references.Submit your application online
- For more information, contact SEG Scholarships at [email protected] .
Deadline: Online applications are accepted 1 November, through March 1, 2021.