University of Waikato, New Zealand is inviting prospective international undergraduate students to apply for the University of Waikato Foundation Studies Scholarship for the 2018/2019 academic session.
The scholarship is for international students who are enrolling for the first time into the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies or the Certificate of University Preparation (CUP) at the University of Waikato in 2018.
The University of Waikato Foundation Studies Scholarship was established to promote educational opportunities and support talented international students who are enrolling for the first time into the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies (CAFS) or the Certificate of University Preparation (CUP) at the University of Waikato.
Worth of Award
- The Scholarship will have a value up to NZD$5,000 for the Standard Foundation
Programme and up to NZD$2,500 for the Accelerated Foundation or Certificate of
University Preparation programmes.
- The Scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees:
a) Students taking the Standard Foundation Programme commencing in Semester A, will receive their tuition fees credit for Semester A and B paid on enrolment. Students taking the Accelerated Foundation programme or the Certificate of University Preparation, will receive their tuition fees credit in Semester A only, paid on enrolment;
b) Students commencing in Semester B or C will have half the amount of the Scholarship credited to their tuition fees, once enrolled in either semester. The remainder of the Scholarship will be paid in the following year, once enrolment in Semester A is confirmed.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an international student,
- not yet be enrolled at the University of Waikato at the time of application,
- be applying to enroll for the first time into the University of Waikato Foundation Studies programme,
- not be classified as a domestic student
- have received a conditional offer of a place for the foundation programme and a
conditional offer for an undergraduate degree at the University of Waikato,
- be residing in New Zealand for the tenure of the scholarship,
- not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body, and
- not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement, or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement.
How to Apply
- Applications are done online via their website. See link below
- Applications must be submitted after receiving a foundation and degree offer but prior to accepting and paying tuition fees.
- Applicants must upload the following as part of their online application:
a) Their Offer of Place from the University of Waikato; and,
b) a personal statement (maximum 200 words) that sets out the following (on the
• What are your career goals/aspirations?
• How will an international education experience help you to achieve these
Deadline: Applications for the Scholarship must be received by:
• 15 November (for offers commencing in A Semester 2018)
• 15 March (for offers commencing in B Semester 2018)
• 15 August (for offers commencing in C Semester 2018)