Carleton University is inviting prospective undergraduate students to apply for the Carleton University Scholarships of Excellence for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Among the best comprehensive universities in Canada, Carleton University is a dynamic, research-intensive university, committed to ensuring an outstanding learning experience for its students. Carleton offers 65 programs of study in areas as diverse as public affairs, journalism, engineering, high technology, and international studies.
Their highest awards are their prestige scholarships – 10 Chancellor’s Scholarships, 7 Richard Lewar Entrance Scholarships, 3 Carleton University Scholarships of Excellence, 2 Carleton University Shad Valley Scholarships of Excellence Scholarship.
Worth of Award
- Three Carleton University Scholarships of Excellence and Two Carleton University SHAD Scholarships – $20,000 ($5,000 x four years)
- Ten Chancellor’s Scholarships – $30,000 ($7,500 x four years)
- Seven Richard Lewar Entrance Scholarships – $21,500 ($6,500 in the first year and $5,000 x three years)
- Scholarships are renewable with an annual GPA of 10.0
- To be considered for a prestige scholarship, you are entering Carleton for the first time from high school or CEGEP and have no previous attendance at post-secondary educational institutions (college or university).
- For all prestige scholarships, you’ll need an admission average of 90 percent or better.
- The selection committee will also assess the range of your community or secondary school activities.
How to Apply
- One application form is used for all the prestige scholarships and it is a fillable pdf form. Download Pdf below
- Students submitting an application must have an admissions average of 90% or better plus have demonstrated leadership
roles in their extracurricular activities throughout secondary school.
- Students should not include any additional attachments (e.g. resumes, portfolios, photos, certificates, etc.). However, if necessary,
students may re-type the questions with their answers (this will not be considered an attachment).
- Individuals completing the reference for the student may submit their recommendation as a separate attachment (only one
reference per candidate will be considered).
Deadline: The application should be submitted to the Awards Office by March 1, 2019.