Carleton University is inviting prospective undergraduate students to apply for the Carleton University Scholarships of Excellence for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Among the best comprehensive universities in Canada, Carleton University is a dynamic, research-intensive university, committed to ensuring an outstanding learning experience for its students. Carleton offers 65 programs of study in areas as diverse as public affairs, journalism, engineering, high technology, and international studies.
Their highest awards are our prestige scholarships: the Chancellor’s Scholarship, the Richard Lewar Entrance Scholarship, the Carleton University Scholarship of Excellence, the Carleton University SHAD Scholarship, the Riordon Scholarship, and the Collins Prestige Scholarship.
Worth of Award
- Ten Chancellor’s Scholarships$30,000 ($7,500 x four years)Renewable*90% and extracurricular activities throughout secondary school
- Seven Richard Lewar Entrance Scholarships$21,500 ($6,500 in the first year and $5,000 in second, third and fourth year)Renewable*90% and extracurricular activities throughout secondary school
- Three Carleton University Scholarships of Excellence$20,000 ($5,000 x four years)Renewable*90% and extracurricular activities throughout secondary school
- Two Carleton University SHAD Scholarships$20,000 ($5,000 x four years)Renewable*90% and extracurricular activities throughout secondary school
- One Riordon ScholarshipFull tuition in first, second, third, and fourth year**Renewable*90% and extracurricular activities throughout secondary school
- One Collins Prestige ScholarshipFull tuition in first, second, third, and fourth year**Renewable*90% and extracurricular activities throughout secondary school*
- Scholarships are renewable with an annual GPA of 10.0
- ** Capped at Canadian domestic full tuition fee amount
- You will be considered for a prestige scholarship only if you are entering Carleton directly from high school or CEGEP.
- Students who have previously attended a post-secondary educational institution (either college or university) are not eligible for these awards.
- For all prestige scholarships, you must achieve an admission average of 90 percent or better.
- The selection committee will also assess the range of your community or secondary school extra-curricular activities.
- One application form is used for all the prestige scholarships.
How to Apply
- One application form is used for all the prestige scholarships and it is a fillable pdf form. Download Pdf below
- Students submitting an application must have an admissions average of 90% or better plus have demonstrated leadership
roles in their extracurricular activities throughout secondary school.
- Students should not include any additional attachments (e.g. resumes, portfolios, photos, certificates, etc.). However, if necessary,
students may re-type the questions with their answers (this will not be considered an attachment).
- Individuals completing the reference for the student may submit their recommendation as a separate attachment (only one
reference per candidate will be considered).
- The Prestige Scholarship application can be submitted by:
You can address the envelope to:
Awards Office, Carleton University
202 Robertson Hall
1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, ON, K1S 5B6
Please keep your reference letter in its own, separate and sealed envelope within the package. We accept mailed applications based on the date the Post Office date stamped the package rather than the day it arrives in our office.
You can email your application to [email protected]
Please ensure that you attach your application and reference letter as two separate PDF files to your email. Please email them a few days earlier in case we have issues downloading your file.
Deadline: The application submission deadline for the 2021-22 academic year is March 1, 2021 (if the deadline date lands on a weekend, application must be submitted the first working day after the deadline date.)