Cambridge University, UK is inviting prospective graduate students to apply for the Cambridge Toshiba Japan and the World Graduate Scholarship for 2018/2019 academic session. The funding partner is the Toshiba International Foundation.
The Toshiba International Foundation aims to contribute to enhanced international understanding of Japan by promoting cultural exchange. It offers support for symposia and seminars, for cultural programmes, and for research and students.
In 2018 the Foundation, in conjunction with the Cambridge Trust, is offering the Cambridge Toshiba Japan and the World Graduate Scholarship, for a PhD applicant to the Faculty of Asian & Middle Eastern Studies whose research aims to place Japan within the wider context of the world, either in its multilateral focus or through its disciplinary impact.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship will cover the annual University Composition (tuition) Fee and an annual stipend to cover living costs of the individual scholarship recipient.
- Funding will cover three years of formal study for the PhD, including potentially a contribution towards a year of fieldwork, and also, potentially, living costs to support a fourth year of writing up
- All students in Japanese Studies admitted to the PhD programme beginning 2018 are eligible, but preference will be given to those whose research aims to place Japan within the larger context of the world, either in its multilateral focus or through its disciplinary impact.
How to Apply
- Applications are done online via their website. Click link below
- Apart from the application for graduate study, no separate application is required for this scholarship.
- Applicants should make clear in their applications that they wish to be considered for the Cambridge Toshiba Japan and the World Graduate Scholarship.
- For further enquiries contact: Dr John Nilsson-Wright [email protected]
Deadline: The deadline for submission of applications to the Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies is January 4 2018.