Cambridge University is inviting prospective graduate students to apply for the fully-funded Commonwealth Shared Cambridge Scholarship at Cambridge university, UK for the 2018/2019 academic session.
This scholarship is available to Master’s applicants from developing member countries of the Commonwealth.The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) is responsible for managing Britain’s contribution to the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan is an international programme under which member governments offer scholarships and fellowships to citizens of other Commonwealth countries. The Plan was established at the first Commonwealth education conference in 1959 and is reviewed by education ministers at their triennial meetings – the only scholarship scheme in the world to receive such high-level recognition.
Worth of Award
- University tuition fee
- Annual stipend (sufficient for a single person)
- One return economy airfare
- This scholarship is available to Master’s applicants from developing member countries of the Commonwealth.
- An applicant’s proposed course of study must be relevant to the development of their home country. Current eligible courses at the University of Cambridge are African Studies, Conservation Leadership, Development Studies, Education, Engineering for Sustainable Development, Modern South Asian Studies, Multi-disciplinary Gender Studies, Planning, Growth & Regeneration, and Public Policy.
- Successful applicants are required to return to their home country within one month of the end of the scholarship.
How to Apply
- Applications are done online through their website. See link below
- In addition to applying to the University of Cambridge, candidates should apply to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. Click link below
Deadline: NB: the deadline for applications to the LLM in Cambridge in 2018-19 is 15 November 2017.