Cambridge University, UK is inviting prospective masters students to apply for the AlThuraya Cambridge scholarship.
This scholarship is funded by the AlThuraya foundation and provides an opportunity for students to study at Cambridge, one of the best universities in the world.
AlThuraya MENA Program will issue scholarships to outstanding students determined to specialize and advance the state of the Middle East and North Africa. The Foundation will focus its support in four key areas (identified by the charity trustees as being important to the future of the Middle East and North Africa region and indeed for the development of other communities worldwide):-
- Genetic Sciences and Bioinformatics
- Public Health and Health Administration
- Computer Sciences and Telecommunication
- Water and Agriculture
Worth of Award
- Scholarship varies as they provide funding for full or partial scholarships.
- Successful applicants will be communicated on the worth of their award
- Applicants should be normally a national of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, , Yemen; and a resident in one of the aforementioned countries, with the exception of Syrian refugees who are not required to be residing in one of the listed countries, and of Palestinians residing in Israel.
- Evidence of academic, research and/or professional merit (demonstrated through reference letters)
- Demonstration of future promise (demonstrated through letter of intent, interviews, and other required essays)
- Proof of financial need
- Applicants must already be granted acceptance in one of our partner universities (for a Master’s Program)
- Approved Masters Programs: Students to be admitted in 2018/2019 must be accepted in one of the following programs:
Genetic Sciences, Bioinformatics
- MPhil Biological Science (Genetics)
- MPhil in Biological Sciences (Sanger Institute)
- MPhil in Computational Biology
- MPhil in Chemical engineering and Biotechnology
- MPhil in Genomic Medicine
- MPhil in Medical Science (Clinical Biochemistry)
- MPhil in Medical Science (Cancer Research UK Institute) – only if clear focus in genetics is demonstrated in proposal.
- MPhil in Translational Biomedical Research – only if clear focus in genetics is demonstrated in proposal
Public Health and Health Administration
- MPhil in Bioscience Enterprise
- MPhil in Primary Care Research
- MPhil in Public Health
- MPhil Education (all programs)
Computer Science and Telecommunications
- MPhil in Advanced Computer Science
- MPhil in Machine Learning, Speech and Language Technology
- MPhil in Scientific Computing
- MPhil in Energy Technologies
- MPhil in Nuclear Energy
- MPhil in Micro and Nanotechnology Enterprise
- MPhil in Engineering (if related to energy – electrical/power/mechanical)
- Technology Policy (if background degree is a Science degree in one of our concentrations)
- MPhil in Engineering for Sustainable development
- MPhil in Engineering ( if related to water)
How to Apply
- Prospective students must apply directly to their intended program of study. No separate application required to be considered for the scholarship. See link below
- Please apply to your particular course and complete the ‘Funding’ section in the online Applicant Portal in order to be considered for funding.
- The University of Cambridge handles admissions. If student is eligible for scholarship, (s)he will be referred to Cambridge Trust. Once they are shortlisted by the Cambridge Trust for the program, they will be referred to AlThuraya Foundation for a final assessment.
Deadlines: Funding deadlines vary from program to program; some are as early as mid-November(e.g. LLM program), most programs’ deadlines are on December 6th, 2017 and January 4th, 2018. Please refer to your particular course for specific deadlines.