Cambridge University is inviting prospective graduate students to apply for the fully-funded Cambridge International Scholarship for international students undertaking PhD studies.
This scholarship is geared towards giving intelligent people the opportunity to further their studies in one of the best Universities in the United Kingdom, and in the world.
The aim of the Cambridge International Scholarships is to ensure that the 250 highest ranked students, irrespective of nationality, receive full financial support to undertake research leading to a PhD. The Scholarships pay the University Composition Fee and a maintenance allowance sufficient for a single person.
These prestigious scholarships are offered to candidates in any subject who are highly ranked by their prospective Departments within the University and are awarded on the basis of academic ability and research potential, examination results, and references. The financial situation of candidates does not affect selection.
Worth of Award
- University Composition Fee
- Annual stipend (sufficient for a single person)
- Graduates from any country in the world can apply
- It is offered to candidates in any subject who are highly ranked by their prospective Departments within the University.
- It is also awarded on the basis of academic ability and research potential, examination results, and references.
How to Apply
- Applications are done online via their website. See link below.
- All applicants should complete the funding section of the online application form via the Applicant Portal expressing their ‘wish to be considered for funding’.
- A University Committee draws up one ranked list of all PhD candidates across all disciplines. The only factors taken into consideration in agreeing this list are academic qualifications, references and research potential. The financial situation of applicants does not affect the selection of scholarship winners.
- Successful applicants are informed at the earliest opportunity and the Trust will announce the winners of the Cambridge International Scholarships for 2018-19 in early March 2018.
- In order to maximise the number of Scholarships awarded, the Trust will, when appropriate, promote winners of Vice-Chancellor’s Awards and Cambridge International Scholarships to other full-cost awards with UK Research Councils, or partner organisations, or Departments or Colleges, who are willing to provide either the full amount or part of the cost of the scholarship. Where part of the cost of a scholarship is offered, the Trust will meet the balance.
- In the case of students securing other full-cost scholarships, the Trust will be pleased to offer ‘honorary’ status which entitles them to become a Trust scholar without remuneration.
- The application is done by applying for graduate admission
Deadline: If you are applying for graduate study, please check and apply by the specific course deadline. Some deadlines are as early as mid-November (LLM Law) and there will be two general course deadlines of 6 December 2017 and 4 January 2018.
Click here for more details and to apply
Click here to apply for graduate admission