The Food Security Center (FSC), in development collaboration at the University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany, invites applications from researchers worldwide to apply for the 2018 Food Center Scholarships for developing countries to conduct their research and career at the University of Hohenheim.
The scholarships aim at increasing their previously gained scientific knowledge and skills relevant to food security-related issues. Finally, FSC aims at establishing an active, long-lasting collaboration with the supported researchers and their home institutions through an interactive alumni-network.
The Food Security Center (FSC) is a university center of excellence.
Applicant must have excellent proficiency in oral and written English. Applicants should be interested in an interdisciplinary and international (post-) graduate education in food security relevant issues
Worth of Award
- The monthly grant is EUR 1,000 (for the time in Germany, during the field research there will be a different rate applicable).
- In addition, FSC pays for traveling to and from Hohenheim.
- Proofed costs for a health and liability insurance will be refunded for an amount up to EUR 100.
Women are explicitly encouraged to apply for a scholarship.
- Excellence Scholarship (South-North): Applicants from developing countries of the OECD DAC List who are planning to obtain their PhD degree at the University of Hohenheim, Germany, may apply for the “Excellence South-North Scholarship”.
- Excellence Scholarship (South-South): Applicants from developing countries of the OECD DAC List who are planning to obtain their PhD degree atone of the FSC’s partner universities, may apply for the “Excellence South-South Scholarship”.
- CLIFOOD Scholarship: FSC awards top selected applicants from East and Central Africa scholarships to obtain their PhD degree at the Hawassa University, Ethiopia.
- Eligible Countries: Students from developing countries are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
1- Applications which lack one of the following documents will be certainly rejected:
- The scanned copy of the Master certificate
- The scanned copy of the Master transcripts
- Abstract of Master thesis (FSC template must be used)
- The scanned copy of the Bachelor certificate
- The scanned copy of the Bachelor transcripts
- The scanned copy of the high school certificate
- The scanned copy of the English proficiency proof (more information)
- The proposal for doing a PhD research at the University of Hohenheim (FSC template must be used)
- At least one recommendation letter (FSC template must be used)
- The cover letter
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
2- All files must be converted to PDF. The files you are uploading must not exceed 10 megabytes altogether due to standard attachment size limit. Please check the total size of all your files before uploading them.
3- It is absolutely necessary to name your files according to the following instruction:
Deadline: Applications close: November 12, 2017