Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University invites applications for the 2018 Virginia Tech Scholarships for the US and international undergraduate students. Virginia Tech Scholarships for International Students in USA, 2018
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, popularly known as Virginia Tech, is a public, land-grant, research university with a main campus in Blacksburg, Virginia, educational facilities in six regions statewide, and a study-abroad site in Switzerland.
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate proficiency in English. The TOEFL is the most frequently submitted examination score that the University receives, however, the Admissions Office will use other measures upon the applicant’s request. The IELTS, ACT, and SAT examinations may also be used.
Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme to study the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award: Varies
Each year, over 20,000 people apply to be among approximately 5,900 entering students. Before you can be considered for freshman admission, you must complete:
- 18 units of high-school coursework
- 4 units of English
- 3 units of math (includes algebra I, geometry, and algebra II)
- 2 units of laboratory science (chosen from biology, chemistry or physics)
- 2 units of social science (one must be history)
- 3 additional academic units (foreign language is highly recommended)
- 4 elective units
Some majors have other requirements, such as an additional year of advanced math or lab science. Most students who are selected for admission have completed more than the minimum requirements and have at least a B+ grade point average.
US and international students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
To apply, you have to first apply for admission.
- Apply for admission to VT at http://admissions.vt.edu/apply.html
- Create a Guest Account using your 9 digit application ID number from Step 1. For more information on the Guest Account and FAQs, please visit http://admissions.vt.edu/apply/guestaccount.html
- Use the Guest Account login credentials to log in to the VT Scholarship Central at https://vt.academicworks.com/
Whether you apply online or send in the paper application, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions must receive the following supporting materials to ensure your application file is complete:
- Application Fee
- SAT Reasoning Test or ACT Scores (Optional for international applicants)
- InitialView Interview (Optional for international applicants)
- Educational Documents
- International Transfer Applicants must submit, in addition to those materials already listed, the following educational documents
Deadline: The deadline to submit the freshman application for admission is December 1, 2017. The general scholarship application is due December 7, 2017.
Click here to obtain application form
Click here for more details and to apply