The five IMD MBA Alumni Scholarships are designed to encourage diversity in the class. One is awarded to each region: Asia, Africa/Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and Western Europe/North America/Oceania.
Worth of Awards: CHF 30,000
- Candidates who have already applied to the full-time IMD MBA program and who are citizens, but not necessarily current residents, of the above geographical areas (you can still apply)
- Candidates must have been accepted into the IMD MBA Program
- Candidates must then complete a Financial Aid Form
- Candidates must then submit an essay on: “As a business leader, which issue would you set as your first priority to address in your region /country? Why would you choose this issue? How would you, personally, address it?” (maximum 1000 words)Please draw on your own experiences in your answer, rather than on general, broad statements. The committee is looking for essays that are personal, visionary and demonstrate leadership, which include a clearly articulated description of how the solution could be implemented.
The scholarship applications are essay based, with winning essays typically including the following features:
- Relevance to the essay title
- Organization and structure
- Fully developed arguments
- Personal element and/or passion
IMD reserves the right not to award a scholarship if the criteria are not met to the satisfaction of the jury / sponsors.
Deadline: Admission application must be submitted latest September 1, 2013. Scholarship application must be submitted by September 30, 2013.
For more information, and to apply, click here.
You can start admission application here.