The university is aiming to build expertise, experience and research capacity in asbestos matters in South Africa.
Wits is a remarkable university that is internationally distinguished for its excellent research, high academic standards and commitment to social justice. Wits University offers a wealth of sightseeing and educational opportunities for tourists and first-time visitors.
Study Subject: The four research themes of the CoE in Human Development are life-course development; inter-generational development, socioeconomic development and transformational development. Scholarship can be taken in the South Africa
Worth of Award
In 2018, the CoE in Human Development will fund bursaries recommended by its Management Committee in three categories:
- Master’s students are funded for two years at R70 000 a year
- Doctoral students are funded for three years at R100 000 a year
- Post-Doctoral Fellows are funded for three years at R200 000 a year
Bursary holders/post-doctoral fellows and their supervisors will sign performance agreements with the CoE, obliging:
- Master’s students to fulfil the requirements for their degree within two years and to have at least one co-authored paper in a peer-reviewed journal accepted for publication;
- Doctoral students to fulfil the requirements for their degrees within three years and to have at least two first-authored papers accepted for publication or published;
- Post-Doctoral Fellows to have at least two first or co-authored papers accepted for publication, in the press or published in each year of the three-year fellowship
- South African students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
The online application form will require biographical details as well as:
- Student CV
- Academic record/ academic transcript (if your full and most recent results are not available, please note that we will require these within three months of the award)
- Copy of ID
- Bio-sketch of your supervisor/mentor
- Letter of support from your supervisor/mentor on an official letterhead
- One page on the proposal and its relevance to Human Development
Deadline: The deadline for submission of all applications is Friday 17 November 2017. Application results will be communicated to all applicants by 20 January 2018.