Oxford University is inviting interested candidates to apply for the Oxford-Linacre African Graduate Scholarship for residents of sub-Saharan Africa. This scholarship is jointly funded by the University, Linacre College and the Rhodes Trust.
The scholarship is only tenable at Linacre College. All eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference on the graduate application form. However, successful applicants will be transferred to Linacre College in order to take up the scholarship.
Linacre is a graduate college where most of the student community are in their 20s or 30s and from more than 50 different nationalities. The college takes students in almost all subject areas creating a vibrant, diverse and international community. Most of its students are new to Oxford.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship covers course fees, college fees and a grant for living costs of at least £14,553.
- Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
- One full scholarship is available for applicants who are ordinarily resident in Sub-Saharan African countries eligible for Rhodes Scholarships who are applying to a full-time DPhil course at the University.
- The eligibility criteria will be applied automatically, using the details you provide in the relevant sections of the graduate application form (for example, your country of ordinary residence and your previous education institutions), to determine whether you are eligible.
- Selection is based on academic merit, unless specified otherwise.
- Some of the scholarships are only tenable at specific colleges. Unless specified otherwise, you do not need to select that college as your preference on the graduate application form. All eligible applicants will be considered, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference. However, successful applicants will be transferred to the relevant college in order to take up the scholarship.
- Applicants who hold deferred offers to start in 2018-19 are not eligible to be considered for these scholarships.
You will be considered automatically for this scholarship if:
- You are applying to start a new graduate course;
- You submit your course application by the relevant January admissions deadline;
- You are subsequently offered a place after consideration of applications received by the deadline;
- Your application is not placed on a waiting list or held back after the January admissions deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March admissions deadline; and
- You meet the eligibility criteria.
How to Apply
- Applications are done online via their website. See link below.
- To be considered, you must submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course and submit an application to the Rhodes Trust.
Deadline: Submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course and submit an application to the Rhodes Trust. Selection is expected to take place in April 2018.