Oxford University is inviting prospective graduate students to apply for the Oxford-Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Graduate Scholarships for 2022/2023 academic year.
Applications are particularly encouraged from nationals of the United Arab Emirates, and preference will be given to these applicants. Where applicants are applying to a course in the Humanities Division, preference will be given to courses relevant to the study of Arab heritage.
The scholarships are available to applicants who are applying to full-time master’s and DPhil courses, except the Master of Business Administration (MBA). You should be intending to return to one of the eligible countries on completion of your studies.
The Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Foundation (MBRF) was established in 2007 to provide support for knowledge and development in the Arab region and beyond. The Foundation actively promotes education at all levels to enable individuals to make the best use of their abilities to benefit themselves and others.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers course fees and a grant for living costs. Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
- A full scholarship is available for applicants who are nationals of and ordinarily resident in one of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
- The eligibility criteria will be applied automatically, using the details you provide in the relevant sections of the graduate application form (for example, your country of ordinary residence and your previous education institutions), to determine whether you are eligible.
- Selection is based on academic merit unless specified otherwise.
- Some of the scholarships are only tenable at specific colleges. Unless specified otherwise, you do not need to select that college as your preference on the graduate application form. All eligible applicants will be considered, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference. However, successful applicants will be transferred to the relevant college in order to take up the scholarship.
You will be considered automatically for these scholarships if:
- You are applying to start a new graduate course;
- You submit your course application by the relevant January admissions deadline;
- You are subsequently offered a place after consideration of applications received by the deadline;
- Your application is not placed on a waiting list or held back after the January admissions deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March admissions deadline; and
- You meet the eligibility criteria.
How to apply
- Applications are done online through their website. See link below
- There is no separate application process for this scholarship: to be considered, submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course.
Deadline: Submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course. Selection is expected to take place in June 2023.