IMD Business School invites applications for the 2014-2015 Van Oord scholarship for developing countries. The Van Oord scholarship targets countries whose advancement / progress have been strongly influenced by their seaside location, struggle against the water, maritime tradition, river transportation system, etc.
Worth of Scholarship: CHF 30,000
Number of Scholarship: One
- Candidates with financial need who have already applied to the full-time IMD MBA program and who are citizens of the above geographical areas
- Preference is given to those who wish to return to their countries after graduation and to those with a technical background and / or experience related to marine engineering.
- Applicants must have been accepted into the IMD MBA program prior to their application.
How to Apply
- First apply and be accepted into the IMD MBA Program
- Submit the MBA Financial Aids Application Ford
- Then submit an essay on: “How the seaside location of my country can be better used to contribute to economic growth and sustainability”. (maximum 750 words)
The scholarship applications are essay based, with winning essays typically including the following features:
- Relevance to the essay title
- Organization and structure
- Fully developed arguments
- Personal element and/or passion
Scholarship essays, or questions, should be sent to [email protected]
IMD reserves the right not to award a scholarship if the criteria are not met to the satisfaction of the jury / sponsors.
Deadline: Admission application must be submitted latest September 1, 2013. Scholarship deadline is September 30, 2013
For more information, and to apply, click here.
You can start admission application here.