Oxford University is inviting prospective graduate students to apply for 2023 fully-funded Oxford University Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships in the Humanities for full and part-time DPhil courses.
The scholarship is for three disciplines that align closely with the Foundation’s interests: history, literature, and languages.
Funded by the Wolfson Foundation, Wolfson Postgraduate scholarship has committed some £13 million to support doctoral studies in the humanities at nine carefully selected universities. The initiative reflects their concerns about funding for the humanities and the potential impact of increased undergraduate student debt on postgraduate studies. Their aim is not only to support some of the most exciting students, but also to make a statement about the value of the humanities. They have the belief that high-quality academic research in this field is of critical importance to British society.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship covers course fees, college fees and a grant for living costs for full-time students of at least £15,000 (students on part-time courses will receive a study support grant instead).
- Funds for research and training costs will also be available to scholars.
- Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
- The eligibility criteria will be applied automatically, using the details you provide in the relevant sections of the graduate application form (for example, your country of ordinary residence and your previous education institutions), to determine whether you are eligible.
- Selection is based on academic merit unless specified otherwise.
- Some of the scholarships are only tenable at specific colleges.
- Unless specified otherwise, you do not need to select that college as your preference on the graduate application form. All eligible applicants will be considered, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference. However, successful applicants will be transferred to the relevant college in order to take up the scholarship.
How to Apply
- Applications are done online via their website. See link below.
- There is no separate application process for this scholarship: to be considered, submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course.
Deadline: submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course. Selection is expected to take place by the end of June 2023