Tufts University, USA invites applications for the 2018/2019 Fletcher Scholar Program for Young African Intrapreneurs. The Fletcher Scholar Program is a full-tuition award for young African entrepreneurial leaders wishing to pursue a master’s program at The Fletcher School at Tufts University, starting in September 2018.
The program is funded by Harambe Entrepreneur Alliance, a platform for highly educated young African social, business and political entrepreneurs, attending leading universities in Africa, Asia, Europe and North America. Their mission is to capture, inform and engage Africa’s global intellectual capital in the development of Africa. Harambe Entrepreneur Alliance is a 501(c)(3) incorporated as a non-profit organization in the State of New Hampshire, USA.
The scholarship is tenable at Tufts University, a private research university incorporated in the municipality of Medford, Massachusetts, United States and will enable successful candidates to study the Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy (MALD) and Master of International Business (MIB).
Worth of Award
- Full-tuition to attend a master’s program at The Fletcher School at Tufts University starting in September 2018
- Please note that the scholarship is limited to tuition fees. The recipient is responsible for all living expenses
- Access to Harambeans, mentors, Angel & VC funds, pro bono legal services, fellowships and corporate internships
- Invitation to Harambe Bretton Woods Symposium and intimate sessions with influential private and public sector leaders around the world
- Born in Africa and current passport holders of an African country
- Exhibited entrepreneurial leadership in their field of interest OR spearheaded and led a major and successful expansion in a government agency or corporation
- Two or more years of work experience
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Candidates must arrange to have official university transcripts, letters of recommendation and standardized test scores arrive to The Fletcher School by the appropriate application deadline
How to Apply
- Candidates must apply and be admitted to both Harambe and The Fletcher School December 30, 2017
- Candidates must complete online HEA Application
- Candidates must complete online Fletcher School Application
- Apply and be admitted to both Harambe and The Fletcher School by December 30, 2017
- Complete online HEA Application by January 10, 2018
- The scholarship recipient will receive notification by March 31, 2018