Harambe Entrepreneur Alliance invites applications for the Oxford Pershing Square Scholar Program which is a 2-year full tuition and living stipend award for Africab entrepreneurs wishing to scale their impact and pursue an Oxford 1+1 MBA at Saïd Business School at the University of Oxford, starting in September 2018.
This is a partnership between The Pershing Square Foundation, and Oxford Pershing Square Scholar Programme at the University of Oxford.
Every year, the Pershing Square Foundation awards up to six full scholarships to support outstanding students on the 1+1 MBA, covering both the Master’s degree and the MBA year. Pershing Square Scholars are exceptional individuals who can demonstrate the potential and commitment to finding scalable and sustainable solutions to world-scale social challenges.
The Oxford 1+1 MBA is a unique opportunity for talented individuals to combine a Master’s degree from one of several Oxford University departments with their one-year MBA. As the global business environment becomes increasingly complex and interconnected, this powerful combination allows you to gain deep knowledge and expertise in your specialist field, as well as developing a comprehensive understanding of business, exceptional leadership skills and practical experience. As a 1+1 MBA student, you will spend your first year completing a Master in your chosen discipline before joining the MBA in your second year. By completing the 1+1 MBA, you will become a dynamic leader who is able to use management practices to translate specific knowledge into practical applications with widereaching impact.
Worth of Award
- As well as providing funding for tuition, college fees and a contribution towards living expenses, the Pershing Square Scholars also benefit from a unique mentoring scheme.
- Current mentors include: – William Ackman (The Pershing Square Foundation) – Sir Ronald Cohen (Big Society Capital) – Cheryl Dorsey (Echoing Green) – Paul Farmer (Partners in Health) – Louise Richardson (Vice-Chancellor, Oxford) – Wendy Kopp (Teach for All) – Linda Rottenberg (Endeavor) – Peter Tufano (Saïd Business School) – Andrew Youn (One Acre Fund)
- Scholars will also be invited to a spring ‘trek’ to New York City hosted by the Pershing Square Foundation, where they can participate in meetings and workshops with leading innovators and change makers.
- Access to Harambeans, mentors, Angel & VC funds, pro bono legal services, fellowships and corporate internships
- Invitation to Harambe Bretton Woods Symposium and intimate sessions with influential private and public sector leaders around the world
- Born in Africa and/or current passport holders of an African country
- Leadership potential demonstrated through entrepreneurial experience and motivation
- Academic achievement
- Intention to focus on addressing world-scale social challenges in your career, either in an existing organisation or through development of a new enterprise
- Ability to envision how to achieve scalable and sustainable solutions to these challenges
- Articulated vision on how the Oxford 1+1 MBA will allow you to fulfil your objectives
How to Apply
- Candidates must apply and be admitted to both Harambe and University of Oxford. December 30, 2017
- Candidates must complete online HEA Application by January 5, 2018
- Candidates will need to submit two Oxford applications, one for the MSc and one for the 1+1 MBA, meeting the entry requirements for both.
- In addition to the Master and MBA applications, you must submit an essay of no more than 500 words addressing this question ‘How do you intend to change the world? What does this tell us about you as a person?’
- If you have submitted your MSc application, but need more time for the 1+1 MBA, the final deadline is March 16, 2018.
- Please note that most partnering Masters close their applications in January 2018.
- Pershing Scholarship recipients will receive notification by June 20, 2018 –