The University of Oxford invites applications for the 2018 Oxford Skoll Scholarship for young African entrepreneurs who have started a social venture/initiative or pursued an impact career that focuses on a specific social or environmental challenge.
The Skoll Scholarship provides full funding and a living stipend to complete a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) at the University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School.
The programme is supported by the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, which is embedded within Oxford Saïd and is funded by the Skoll Foundation. The Skoll Scholarship is an opportunity for recipients to improve their knowledge of market-oriented practices so they can be more effective in their subsequent social change pursuits.
Worth of Award
- Full tuition and 8,000 GBP living stipend to pursue the MBA programme at Saïd Business School at the University of Oxford
- Receive exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought-leaders, and investors
- Become a member of the Skoll Scholar Community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and system change
- Access to Harambeans, mentors, Angel & VC funds, pro bono legal services, fellowships and corporate internships
- Invitation to Harambe Bretton Woods Symposium and intimate sessions with influential private and public sector leaders around the world
- Candidates must have spent preferably at least 3 years either: – starting and growing a social venture;
- OR leading a major expansion of an existing social venture or programme within an organisation;
- OR pursuing positive change as an impact career professional, i.e. someone who has used entrepreneurial approaches to address the same social/environmental issue, with a clear core thread that unites his/her work.
- Candidates will have used entrepreneurial approaches to identify opportunities, taken action to positively shift the status quo, and produced a proven impact that contributes to rectifying unjust systems and practices in their chosen area of work.
- Candidates must demonstrate evidence of personal qualities strongly resonating with entrepreneurial leadership.
- Candidates must demonstrate how a business education can contribute to the wider development of their work and help them amplify their impact.
- Candidates must demonstrate some evidence of their need for the Scholarship.
How to Apply
- Candidates must apply and be admitted to both Harambe and Saïd Business School.
- Candidates must also apply separately for the Skoll Scholarship after being admitted onto the Oxford MBA programme.
- Apply to join our Alliance: www.healliance.org/join by December 30, 2017
- Apply to the school of their choice
- Take and pass the required GMAT / GRE test
- To apply for the 1+1 MBA you must meet the entry requirements for both the Oxford MBA and your chosen Master, and apply to both programmes in the same application cycle. You must submit your application for the Master’s degree by the relevant department deadline and submit your MBA application within one of our six stage deadlines.
- Please note that some partner Masters close their applications in January 2018. If you are accepted to the 2018-20 1+1 MBA you will undertake your MBA during the 2019/20 academic year.
- When applying for the 1+1 MBA programme you should complete the online application form, ensuring that your select 1+1 MBA under the programme of interest, and apply by one of the 4 MBA stage deadlines.
- December 30, 2017 – Candidates must complete online HEA Application /join January 5, 2018.
- Candidates must complete online Saïd Business School MBA Application during stages 1 or 2 by March 25, 2018.
- Candidates must apply for the Skoll Scholarship if invited by the Skoll Centre June 20, 2018 – Skoll Scholarship recipients will receive notification