The Foreign & Commonwealth Office / Chevening, invites applications for the fully funded Chevening/Cambridge Scholarship available to Master’s applicants from countries in which Chevening Scholarships are awarded. The scholarship is tenable at the University of Cambridge, Uk.
Worth of Award
- University tuition fee
- Annual stipend (sufficient for a single person)
- Some other expenses
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential, and require financial assistance to study at the University of Cambridge.
- Check your country on the Chevening website for any subject priorities.
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country (visit link below to check your country’s status).
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Chevening Scholarships – two years’ work experience
- Chevening Fellowships – either five or seven years’ work experience depending on the fellowship. Please check your country page for eligibility details relating to the specific fellowship you are applying to.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
- Are an employee, a relative of an employee, or a former employee (since July 2013) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, UK Trade and Investment, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. Chevening Alumni are not eligible to apply for a further scholarship but may be eligible to apply for a fellowship five years after completion of the first award.
How to Apply
In addition to applying to the University of Cambridge, candidates for 2018-19 should apply to the Chevening programme before 7 November 2017.
- Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country page accessible through the link below.
- Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have all necessary documents ready.
- Please note that if you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you provide evidence that you meet the Chevening English language requirements and that you have at least one offer from an eligible course before 12 July 2018 in order to remain in the process.
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK Master’s course choices (applied for or plan to apply for)
- Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
- English language (if required)
- UK Master’s university offer (if available)
Deadline: In addition to applying to the University of Cambridge, candidates for 2018-19 should apply to the Chevening programme before 7 November 2017.The deadline for applications to the LLM in 2018-19 in Cambridge is 15 November 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply