The University of Amsterdam (UvA) in the Netherlands invites applications for its Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS), which aims to attract the world’s brightest international students to its international classrooms.
Worth of Award:
Scholarships vary per faculty. Some give as much as €25,000, covering tuition and living expenses; others only offer living expenses or tuition. Check the details below.
Students who hold a non-EU/EEA passport and have applied for a degree programme at the University of Amsterdam may submit an application for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
Eligible Faculties and Deadlines
- Child Development and Education: February 15, 2018
- Communication: January 15, 2018
- Economics and Business: February 1, 2017
- Humanities: February 1, 2017
- Law: April 1, 2018
- Medicine: June 1, 2018
- Psychology: (not stated, but likely January 15, 2018)
- Science: January 15, 2018
- Social Sciences: January 13, 2017, 15:00 CET
How to apply
- You should apply for admission before applying for the scholarship or submit both at the same time
- Applications should be submitted to the Admissions Offices of the Graduate Schools. Deadlines for the AMS differ per Faculty or Graduate School. You can find the specific eligibility requirements, selection criteria and application instructions on the Faculty or Graduate School websites .
- To access the Faculty or Graduate School websites and see their requirements, click on the link below and scroll down to the linked faculties; click on your faculty of choice and see how to submit your application
Deadlines: See above
For more information and to apply online, click here